Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
I have a 2011 kingpin 106. I bought in April.
Just got back from 3000 mile trip.
When I am pulling a hill at 2500rpm and got to speed up.
The motor pins loud too. I have to down shift two gears
And get her up to 4600rpm to make better or just keep rolling out of the throttle.
She has a blow head gasket now dealer is fixing.
Always run 91 octain have sweep pipes and kn filter dealer installed.
I am in CA
Please help thanks Shawn
Thanks for the help Dealer said head gasket ok it was grease from exhaust. They said that they did nothing but bike does not ping or pop out exhaust like it used to. I think they forgot to flash it for pipes.
Thanks again all good
Shawn at JEFFco

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
106 2011 motor pinging up every hill when it's hot out

It a 2011 kingpin swept pipes kn filter
I have to down shift 2 gears to get to 4600 rpm to help pinging..
Or get out of the throttle an just slow down.
Not a little pinging it's loud and bad. Got her in April has 10,000 miles now and a blow head gasket
Thank for any help Shawn at JEFFco

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Was it running toooo leeeeeeeeeean possibly? Thus the pinging and blown headgasket. When an engine pings it is like an explosion inside the cylinder,things can come apart.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I kind of don't get it. What do you want us to help you with? You have a blown head gasket and dealer is fixing it. My guess is your bike was running funny because it wasn't right to begin with so it blew the head gasket. I say let the dealer fix your bike take it for a ride and if it still is making funny pinging noises then we'll try to help you.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hello
And get her up to 4600rpm to make better or just keep rolling out of the throttle.
I am in CA
Please help thanks Shawn
Shut up and quit your bitching... Polaris/Victory don't make mistakes... you obviously have done something to make this bike not run properly. It's a fluke so we can't (spelled "won't") help you figure it out. LMAO

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Guys, don't throw punches unless the target's already wearing a full face helmet. Safety first. :D

·
Premium Member
13,165 Posts
It a 2011 kingpin swept pipes kn filter
I have to down shift 2 gears to get to 4600 rpm to help pinging..
Or get out of the throttle an just slow down.
Not a little pinging it's loud and bad. Got her in April has 10,000 miles now and a blow head gasket
Thank for any help Shawn at JEFFco
Sounds like a bad tune. If it had been re-flashed, and I'm assuming you had the Stage 1 flash already done, then it probably would have avoided the down time. Gotta wonder what other damage has been done to the motor that won't show up right away as well.

Did you install the pipes and filter? Did you get the Stage 1 flash?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: Octane

I get some mild pinging on my 06 KP. I run 91 octane because that is all I can find. I can't find 93 octane around anymore. Should we be using Octane booster if all we can find is 91?

I just installed the Stage 1 slip on kit and had the dealer remap the bike. Still get a little pinging.

I know in a car engine pinging is called pre-ignition and happens because of timing issues. I think it is caused by the timing being to advanced. Is it the same for our Victory KPs?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Your first post says you have the swept pipes, then later you say you have the slip on kit. Just saying.

Has the blown head gasket etc. already been fixed, but you're still having issues?

Kind of confused.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look this is my first bike. Dearler install all parts. But they just started selling them.
I did what they told 91 octane. And pinging is normal.
BS... It has nock sensors to change the timimg.
If my race car did this the top of the piston would be in my hand.
I came here to see if anyone has had this problem. If I had 2 bikes I would have my answer. I bought a kingpin because I wanted the best.
Thank you for the help and the bashing to all
Shawn at jeffcoperformance.com

·
Registered
755 Posts
WOW! Man all of a sudden this place is filled with bunch of sensitive dudes. It must be the time of the month of something.:ltr:
Bro for a guy who owns a performance shop you sure don't know how to ask an engine related question.
Here is an idea, how about you call the dealership and find out what they installed on your bike and which map they used then come back and tell us what's done to it and then maybe we'll be able to help you.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a super charged Jeep that pings on anything less than 91 - if there is to much ethenol in the fuel I need to add some NOS octane booster - pre-ignition is a bitch! It will also ruin a motor.....

Ignore the "bashing" - being rude to newbees seems to be encouraged here :cool: But there are alot of good bike minds here - I have learned alot.

·
Premium Member
13,165 Posts
Sounds like a good time for group hug and a kumbaiya moment before we look at each other and go .... Awwwwww .... how cute!

Ok. Back to the meat of the issue. Bro...bring us some info to work with and stop worrying about your "feelings".

We are honestly trying to help. If you're too young or too sensitive to understand a little ribbing; you might want to find your answers somewhere they give those group hugs I was kidding about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pinging issues

Hello
I am in CA
Please help thanks Shawn
Hello Shawn
I have had the same issue. My vision was box stock and I went to the stage 1, still had the pinging. My problem was mostly solved by using "Victory Super Carbon Clean". My bike is vastly improved and hopefully one more bottle will be the full cure.
[email protected]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Was it running toooo leeeeeeeeeean possibly? Thus the pinging and blown headgasket. When an engine pings it is like an explosion inside the cylinder,things can come apart.
Everytime the spark plug 'sparks' it's an explosion. That is how an internal combustion engine works. Pinging is either from bad timing, the fuel ingiting to early from improper octane/air-fuel ratio or something else in the cylider like glowing carbon igniting the fuel while the piston is still on it's upward travel causing the flame to collide with the piston instead of just putting pressure on it. Also glowing carbon or other secondary sources can cause two flames in the cylider and when them two flames collide is also not a good thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Head gaskets not blown!
I put a power commander 5 on the bike and riched her up and has been great for 15,000 miles now thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts