Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK before things get out of hand here is the question and please read to the end before forming a conclusion. And this is not intended to be an ad or promotion

I am in the reverse trike conversion business and need to fully understand the workings of the Victory Vision brake system. During my conversions I normally de-link the brake system and set the foot pedal to run the rear and the hand lever to operate the front brakes. On the Honda GL1800 this is a really easy task and it appears this is also easy on the vision. However the abs may be an issue as I am unsure as to the reliability of transforming this operation to 3 wheels vs 2 wheels and may have to opt to disabling this feature in order to do the conversion safely. Does anyone have any information related to doing the abs disable? Again I am willing to investigate the retention of this safety feature if it is plausible however the dynamics between 2 wheels and 3 are quite different so the retention of ABS may actually be a hindrance rather than a benefit. Any meaningful information would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Elio

The new American three wheel car might be worth a look at to see how they do it. If you do not know about it they have 3-wheels also with two up front and one out back. I am pretty sure they are running anti-lock...... Personally I think the cost for your conversion is going to be to high. I would just go back to the standard brake system. Then again that is up to you and your customers, how much do they want to pay for that feature? I know lots of of people like it and some don't. Let us know what you do with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts