Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed that my ABS light stays on for a few revolutions of the wheels after starting the bike and then start moving, has always done that since it was new. Have 2k on it now. I figured that it is normal. However, when I took off Sat. for a 200 mile trip, the light stayed on for about a half mile before it went off. But when we stopped for our second little break, at about 140 miles or so, and then took off again, it came on and stayed on for the rest of the trip, about 60 miles. Then on Sun. we left for home, it went off like normal and stayed off all the way home. Now it was about 90 degrees out both days, but don't think that should effect it.
Any ideas or opinions ?

PS. I had good brakes when the light was on, but probly didn't have the Anti-lock function.

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I've noticed that my ABS light stays on for a few revolutions of the wheels after starting the bike and then start moving, has always done that since it was new. Have 2k on it now. I figured that it is normal. However, when I took off Sat. for a 200 mile trip, the light stayed on for about a half mile before it went off. But when we stopped for our second little break, at about 140 miles or so, and then took off again, it came on and stayed on for the rest of the trip, about 60 miles. Then on Sun. we left for home, it went off like normal and stayed off all the way home. Now it was about 90 degrees out both days, but don't think that should effect it.
Any ideas or opinions ?

PS. I had good brakes when the light was on, but probly didn't have the Anti-lock function.

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
The ABS warning light means a problem was detected, and the system needs to be scanned for codes in order find out the area the fault is in. With the light on, ABS operation is not present, but normal braking is.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Would they be able to get a code since the light is off now ?
Not sure if ABS error codes are logged but since your problem seems to occur quite frequently, it should come on again once you get it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Mine started doing that intermittently, and then it became more and more frequent for the light to stay on. All kinds of codes were generated when it was hooked up to the Digital Wrench at the dealer. Good news, it was a faulty sensor. Replaced that, and it's been great ever since. I'm convinced there was a bad batch of sensors that were released in late '10....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts