Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2012 Cross Country will have ABS brakes as an option?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2012 Cross Country will have ABS brakes as an option?
Don't know but I can tell you from experience the XC stops VERY well without ABS.

·
13,038 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
I do believe they will be mandatory by 2014 for all bikes.
Yhe new bikes come out next month I though some one said so we will see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can tell you that the first thing i noticed when I rode my XC is the relative poor performance in braking compared to my 07 vegas. I was thinking she would outstop the vegas even though it weighs more, with the dual disk up front but no way. The brembos are far superior.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I can tell you that the first thing i noticed when I rode my XC is the relative poor performance in braking compared to my 07 vegas. I was thinking she would outstop the vegas even though it weighs more, with the dual disk up front but no way. The brembos are far superior.
Unfortunately I don't see how that helped this subject. Nobody asked about your imported brakes. :p :ltr: If I hurt your feelings, go ahead and throw a few punches - I got my helmet on. :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
ABS or not ABS was high on my original criteria when deciding which bike to buy prior to riding each. In the end, the XC brakes are MORE THAN ENOUGH and though ABS might put them on par with H-D, I personally decided that they were not worth the extra $2K premium they would have cost on the H-D. So far, I have not missed having ABS on this bike.

If Victory can do the ABS for within $1K of the current market price, I think it would be a good selling point but if they are more expensive that that...pass

·
Registered
221 Posts
Makes one wonder what it would take (and cost) to put after market ABS on a XR or XC??

Not that I know a lot about brakes, but seems like a rather easy modification.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately I don't see how that helped this subject. Nobody asked about your imported brakes. :p :ltr: If I hurt your feelings, go ahead and throw a few punches - I got my helmet on. :D
Ok smart ass. cheers My point was that the cross country does not stop as well as previous victory's. I would rather not have ABS, and have a bike that has very well braking properties that i can control. Victory went from a Imported braking system (Italy) that is far superior than what they have now. I ask you where you think these new calipers are from? My guess is china, why so the MSRP's of our bikes could be controlled to compete with the competition. But with that so did some of the superior performance over the competition. I want a bike that can get up and go but can also halt when I want it to. I can no longer ride as hard into a corner because i feel I need to give the brakes a little more time to slow down.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Makes one wonder what it would take (and cost) to put after market ABS on a XR or XC??

Not that I know a lot about brakes, but seems like a rather easy modification.
It's much more than a simple caliper swap. Sensors, computers, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts