Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Half way to work about 7 miles into the trip the abs light came on.
I know I'm fat but that's just rude.

Not sure procedure on checking that. I assume something in service manual. Hate to think I messed something up doing the rear wheel but I've put plenty of miles on after that so this seems very random.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Half way to work about 7 miles into the trip the abs light came on.
I know I'm fat but that's just rude.

Not sure procedure on checking that. I assume something in service manual. Hate to think I messed something up doing the rear wheel but I've put plenty of miles on after that so this seems very random.
Easy to check,
1 Find the chapter in the servuce manual
2 Take out the proximity switch
See if it dammaged
3 Space it as per speck given in the manual
4 Ride again .... For 10 meter

If that doesn't work then you need a new ABS cable, there 160 usd or something like that ... I bought 2 , coz better have 1 stock ....

I cannot believe how many people have broken this cable ... I think 5 or 8 vics & indians here ... But there are only 25 sold in total, so tbat is RUBBISH quality ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I don’t believe they are all broken. I’ve had a few incidents of persistent ABS light. It always came down to adjustment or dirty sensor or ring.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping just dirt. It only takes ten meters for it to shut off if it's good?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was on the whole ride home from work. Boo. I'll look at it tomorrow when bike is cool. Rain day.

·
Registered
856 Posts
When my abs light came on a couple years ago it was my abs relay that was bad

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trying to find large enough feeler gauges just to check the clearance isn't easy. I did read with googling that setting it towards the far end of spec is better. Also read that rear wheel adjustment can cause this. Planing to recheck the wheel and belt anyway so will see if that is it.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Trying to find large enough feeler gauges just to check the clearance isn't easy. I did read with googling that setting it towards the far end of spec is better. Also read that rear wheel adjustment can cause this. Planing to recheck the wheel and belt anyway so will see if that is it.
Could you measure a washer if that is the same gap you need ? I forgot the minimum & maximum gap, yes i did about the maximum gap also

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it was your threads I kept running across with abs issues. Gotta check a few things. Not had time yet.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uh wiring was ate up. Not sure how that happened but guess I'll be ordering a sensor.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh hey is there anything special about "abs shim" washers that they want $6 for?

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Oh hey is there anything special about "abs shim" washers that they want $6 for?
No i used normal stainless steel washers that i had laying around

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Nothing special at all but make sure that you get the right thickness. You may have to grind a stainless washer thinner.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I just skipped the washers. I'm bound to find something at hardware store for less than $5 each...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ABS sensor replaced. No more dash light.
Bike running great, feels great. Loving it.

Now the ABS sensor...
Victory service manual completely wrong.
It says just remove the bolt and disconnect sensor wire under side cover.
1) Bolt is behind swingarm so you can't just remove it.
2) Sensor plugs in under the seat top center of bike not under the side cover.

Trick I learned was instead of fully removing the wheel just loosening it and sliding it backwards then there is just enough wiggle to access the bolt. Pull sensor and spacers and replace. Then force wheel hard forward pulling on the adjusters to maintain alignment that was already set while tightening axle to spec or in my case just gutentight because I wasn't going to drop suspension to get torque wrench on it.

I routed the wire straight out and on opposite side of swingarm away from all the moving stuff that it is next to in the stock location with a zip tie to keep it on swingarm and away from muffler.

All good. I still don't know how it was caught and chewed up creating this issue. Gonna find someone good at soldering to put the cable back together as a backup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts