Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got back Sat from my trip to Panama City Fla., rode over 1680 miles . Zero issues , fantastic ride on my XCT . Last night I rode 10 miles to the hardware store again no issues . On way back from hardware store my ABS light stayed on all the way home . Today after work decided to give her a bath . Afterwards I fired her up and let her run for a few minutes . The ABS light stayed on the entire time . Never had a bike with ABS before , so is this something that I can fix ? Will it go away ? Or do I have to take it to a dealer ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't solve the 10 mile issue, but when you start the bike it has to hit 8 mph or so to go off. Sitting there idling, the light will stay on forever.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The same thing happened to me on a long trip. The ABS light would go on at random times and would stay on until I turned the bike completely off and then on again. This problem has been reported in this forum previously and the most commonly recommended way to fix it is to adjust the gap between the abs wheel speed sensor and the ribbed wheel ring to make this gap smaller. I have not yet done this because my problem mysteriously went away shortly after my return from a long trip.

If you repair this problem, please post back in this thread with your solution. Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Making sure the sensor and the tone ring are clean is important too. I had to adjust my gap to wide to the maximum, 1.25 mm, to gat it reliable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input . I plan on taking a little ride tonight and will obviously check on the ABS light . If it stays on again I will be looking into adjusting the gap . I will keep all posted .

Thanks again for the assistance .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I took my little ride last night. Went to the same local hardware store and after take off the ABS light went off . Also on my way home the light went out again so must have been a glitch or perhaps some dirt. Either way I am happy that all is well .

thumb up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts