Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Periodically the ABS light comes on while riding but the brakes appear to be performing normally. Can the dealership verify this by hooking it up and detecting these events with the digital wrench program? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe the ABS disengages under 6mph so the light will come on at low speeds normally. Maybe that is what you are seeing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding to my post. Actually the ABS light sometimes comes on for 20-30 miles sometimes even at highway speeds. I was wondering if the "DigitalWrench" program would show these ABS light events when it is plugged into the computer. If there are any mechanics out there that would know please let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
There is a sensor on each wheel, It reads pulses off of the brass looking/gear looking ring on each wheel to detect motion. It or they are likely dirty. You can probably hose them to functional clean.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Check with the dealer I had a sensor go bad around that time, and when they replaced it they also rerouted a wire which was rubbing and caused it to short, or so they said....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies...I'll look to see what I can find before I take it to the dealer. At least I'll be able to talk intelligently about it to them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey MTVic...what wire is there that could rub and need rerouted?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts