Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the abs light came on while on a ride today. where should i start to find out what caused it. the brakes work fine and no other issues.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Possibly one of the wheel speed sensors or associated wiring. Its where I would start. others will chime in as I believe a few others have had theirs come on too.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Check the sensors they have a required clearance spec and if off the light will trip. Not had symptoms but already read about it. Spec in manual.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Simple free stuff to look at. Tone ring on wheels, make sure no broken or missing teeth. Also look that no junk is filling in the slots in-between teeth. Then you might remove the sensors and see if they have contacted and are clean. Then as mentioned the air gap spec.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will dig in to it a lil more tomorrow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found the rear sensor wire some how had got to close to the dam brake rotor and cut the wires. i reconnected them but the light didnt go out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sensor wires go to close to rotor and was cut.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was able to splice in a couple pieces of wire and everything works again.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Glad you got to work. Let me ask a question here. You said you "spliced in" some wire. Did you use butt connectors or solder them in? The reason I ask is some wheel speed sensors are picky about resistance. Sometimes butt connectors after awhile will corrode and thus resistance goes up. So if down the road your lite comes on or flashes etc, that is probably the first place you need to go lookin.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will be soldering the connectors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts