Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the front abs sensor in my vision today didn't take a test ride cause it's raining again 馃ズ
Then I decided to change the front sensor on my crossroad also if the light don't go out then I'll change the rear
Also decided to change my headlight on the crossroad to led
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle
Automotive tire Road surface Automotive lighting Rectangle Asphalt

Administrator
Are the sensors easy to buy? Are they easy to install? When there is a sensor problem, is it usually the sensor that is bad or its positioning? It is my understanding that the separation of the sensor from the "wheel" it senses is not easily adjustable. Instead, you have to insert some sort of special shims behind the sensor to move it closer to the wheel. Is my understanding of this last part correct?

Registered
Yes, there are shims that look like small, thin flat washers to adjust the sensor to tone ring spacing. My rear sensor has 3 factory spacers. Shim replacement/adjustment is very easy. You can buy all sorts of steel. brass, or even plastic shim washers from multiple sources - including Amazon. The sensor has one screw to remove. Pull the sensor out of the hole and add/remove a shim, then put the sensor back into the hole on top of the spacer(s).

But the bigger question is -- Has anyone found a replacement sensor from an alternative supplier?

I'm in need of a new rear sensor and don't want to pay the price. I disabled the ABS by pulling the fuse. I just live with the dash light on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the sensors easy to buy? Are they easy to install? When there is a sensor problem, is it usually the sensor that is bad or its positioning? It is my understanding that the separation of the sensor from the "wheel" it senses is not easily adjustable. Instead, you have to insert some sort of special shims behind the sensor to move it closer to the wheel. Is my understanding of this last part correct?
Yes it is easy to change at least the front on the vision the way I understand it is you have to take the left saddle bag of the vision
On the crossroad is no problem

Registered
You'll like the LED headlight, I bought an OEM one back when Polaris had the Vic going away blowout sales. Good thing about a 2011 XR, no ABS!

Premium Member
Spacers or washers need to be non magnetic for it not to interfere with pulses from ring.

Reactions: rainman123

Administrator
So shims/spacers/washers made of aluminum, brass, or most stainless steels would work okay as none these are magnetic, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts