Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had charging issues off and on for a while now. I was surprised to find out that the stator puts out AC voltage like an alternator. I have been all through the wiring and all is good, but this thing has fried 3 regulators. I decided to replace the stator and the regulator both, because something seems to be killing regulators and that's all there is... Battery/Stator/Regulator. We'll see...

Something else: The simplicity and genius of how the bike is put together... needle bearing where the shifter shaft passes thru the primary cover, worm-gear clutch actuation that is so simple to re-install and line up because it's well thought out... Just a bunch of things to appreciate from the engineering to the quality of fasteners and long/deep threads. The engineers at Victory are really slick.

The Japanese bikes I have owned... well... they do good on the engineering side, but they blow it on the component quality and the cheesy butter-soft fasteners. Harley does good on fasteners, but the engineering leaves a lot to be desired and they use more and more cheap Chinese components each year. I find working on the Victory refreshing...

·
13,247 Posts
On the harleys I have worked on if the stator goes out it will take the regulator with it and some times the battery
I think your good to go now. I wounder if you have to much horse power. NOT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Battery's cause allot of problems Will cause a charging system to charge too many amps and that will takeout a Regulator. Also the connections between the stator and the regulator can be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts