Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Victory Cross Country about 2 weeks ago and I'm looking for accessories from 3rd party vendors.

I'm especially looking for exhaust.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Arlen Ness

Got my Cross Country about 3 weeks ago. Arlen Ness states that they will have an exhaust available early spring next year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Victory Accessories

So far I found only one site that actually list the Cross Country and Cross Roads: http://www.victoryonly.com/

They have some accessories available with more to come later.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thats all cross over products. A lot of those pieces are from Kewlmetal. They fit the 100 and 106 engines.
I have the flamed covers on Porti.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That bike is gorgeous!

I've been toying with the idea of getting a used Jackpot and doing the Kewl Metal 5 degree kit, dropping the rear and building the motor.

What's the best bang for you buck with the 100 motor to get to the magic 110/110 numbers? Can you do it without breaking the bank?

I'm thinking the S&S 106 kit with the cams and tune but is that a reliable package?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
That bike is gorgeous!

I've been toying with the idea of getting a used Jackpot and doing the Kewl Metal 5 degree kit, dropping the rear and building the motor.

What's the best bang for you buck with the 100 motor to get to the magic 110/110 numbers? Can you do it without breaking the bank?

I'm thinking the S&S 106 kit with the cams and tune but is that a reliable package?
Thank you for the compliment.

I'm actually on air ride so I can raise the ass when I have a passenger and luggage.

Best bang for the buck performance wise is plain and simply without a doubt the Lloydz 106 or 104 engine kit with the high compression pistons. Forget S&S go with Lloydz. I've built 3 Lloydz engines 104, 106 and 110. They all have over 10,000 with the 110 over 25,000 and that includes strip running. Never a single problem.

Now, if you decide to go with higher compression or bigger pistons you will need your starter rebuilt.

http://www.lloydz.com/perfparts-early.shtml

·
Registered
19 Posts
Porti

Gee whiz, Diamond I seem to noticed pics of Porti on a few club sites now. But what the heck that is gorgeous, mean piece of motorcycle. If it was mine I'd be showing it off too! I never get tired of drooling over it. Congratulations on a work of art.

Attachments

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Gee whiz, Diamond I seem to noticed pics of Porti on a few club sites now. But what the heck that is gorgeous, mean piece of motorcycle. If it was mine I'd be showing it off too! I never get tired of drooling over it. Congratulations on a work of art.

Guilty as charged!:eek: LOL

Thank you for the compliments.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tall Windshield Availability

In September I ordered my Vicxc and at the same time I ordered a tall windshield. The windshield arrived; however, the box contained two left windshield brackets. Naturally their must have been a mistake, so my dealer's parts manager called, explained the problem, was told that that could not happed, but to order a new windshield. A new windshield was ordered (factory said he couldn't order just a right bracket). Well, my new windshield arrived today and guess what?, two left brackets. Again my parts manager called the factory and was told this time, "there is a problem in production that produces two left brackets instead of both right and left, but the problem should be solved within the next six months. Great service! Not!!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
In September I ordered my Vicxc and at the same time I ordered a tall windshield. The windshield arrived; however, the box contained two left windshield brackets. Naturally their must have been a mistake, so my dealer's parts manager called, explained the problem, was told that that could not happed, but to order a new windshield. A new windshield was ordered (factory said he couldn't order just a right bracket). Well, my new windshield arrived today and guess what?, two left brackets. Again my parts manager called the factory and was told this time, "there is a problem in production that produces two left brackets instead of both right and left, but the problem should be solved within the next six months. Great service! Not!!!
Don't get discouraged. These things happen. I've seen it happen with other products too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Polaris/Victory

Don't get discouraged. These things happen. I've seen it happen with other products too.
Ya know, maybe Polris is too involved with snow mobiles/ATVs to worry about Victory motorcycles, qualty control and customer service.
It might be a good idea for Victory to split from Polaris to concentrate on the motorcycle business. What ya think?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
One thing to remember is that in the motorcycle industry, Victory is still a new commer. They have hurdles to cross and tweeks here and there.

I know that going through a dealer has always been the most effective way to get anything accomplished.

·
Registered
114 Posts
One thing to remember is that in the motorcycle industry, Victory is still a new commer. They have hurdles to cross and tweeks here and there.

I know that going through a dealer has always been the most effective way to get anything accomplished.
I completely understand; however, when the dealer doesn't get answers from the regional rep, or the regional rep doesn't get good information from HQ then the system breaks down.
I believe that the customer should be able to get answers to questions from someone. Customer service seems only to field complaints, not give answers to customer questions or connect the customer to someone who can answer the question when the dealer is unable. This is fundamental salesmanship and service. Again, in my humble opinion, Victory should separate from Polaris.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts