Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering making a lift table for bikes that would fit on two of the arms of my 10,000 pound two post asymetric Bendpak auto lift.
Also a frame jack style cradle that would fit over a single arm to safely lift a bike similar to a bike jack.
And lastly perhaps a trike table or lift cradle, as I have a friend or two that have trikes.

Does anyone have any experience with similar projects? A quick internet search (at which I do not excel) produced nothing of interest.

Even if you have no experience, thoughts are welcome.

·
13,242 Posts
how many times do you think you would use the lift? There nice to have around I've had one for twenty years. I made a lot of money working on guys bikes and building bikes.
A bike jack would be the way to go cause there is not that much need for a lift. You can buy jacks cheap now days used one on craigslist and new ones are all over the place.
If you buy one all the thinking hole drilling and chasing for the right steal has been done for you. There is a guy that sell instruction on how to build one.
The only thing you need a lift for is pulling tires if your not a shop.
Put in some over time and buy one from sears harbor freight or off the net.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback.
If it gets too pricey or too complicated, I will just buy a jack (or borrow my son's), but it seems to me it would not be too hard to make a jack-rail-type fixture that dropped into the end hole of an arm, and was supported by the arm for lifting bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts