Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added this power block to get rid of my rats nest. there are 2 separate circuits on the units with 8 outputs. I used one as switched and one un-switched power. I also coated the back side with rubber spray electrical tape and made a bracket for it. as you can see there are 5 circuits but a total of 8 outputs. circuits 2,3,4 have 2 outputs and 1 and 5 have 1. you can see the 3 posts. 2 power and one common ground.

Attachments

Reactions: PaiN

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
Very cool. Innovative. I like.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Where did u buy that at?

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Alternative Fuse Blocks

If anyone wants to study some fuse-block possibilities, here's a cut-and-paste from a list I have on one of my how-to (on adding LED mirrors) pages:

Home : Arboreal Systems Dispatch 1
http://www.bluesea.com/products/category/ST Blade : Blue Sea Fuse Blocks
Fuse Panels : Centech Fuse Panels
Denali PowerHub2 fuse block, master ground block and wiring harness for motorcycles - TwistedThrottle.com : Denali PowerHub2
PC-8 : Eastern Beaver Power Center 8
http://www.electricalconnection.com/power-distribution/pplate-02202.htm : Electrical Connection Power Plate
FUZEBLOCKS.COM : Fuzeblocks FZ-1
PDM60 | Rowe Electronics : Rowe Electronics PDM60 Power Distribution Module

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at the Denali. Very nice but more than I wanted to spend. Real nice packaging !

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Very nice! I used the Centech stuff on my BMW.

I ordered one of these Bussmann BP15600 off of Amazon for 13$ or so. Installing it is on my agenda today after I run out and pick up a 30 AMP relay, a 30 amp breaker and a 40 AMP main breaker. I'm gonna relay and use the 30 amp breaker for the fuse block off the battery. I'll use the relay off switched power so its charged when the key is on.

I'm changing the 40 amp main breaker not because it's given me problems, but just because. ;0

I'm doing all this so I can add some driving lights and I'll hook the Wolo horn into the fuse block instead of the battery like it is now.
I'll take pictures and post up later.

BTW, it looks like everyone puts the fuse blocks in the fairing, I'm gonna look to add it under the seat. If a fuse pops I don't want to disassemble the fairing to change it. Maybe that's not possible due to size considerations. I'll let you know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts