Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had LED's on most of my bikes so I added them to the winter mods list. Now my road is iced over again and it has been months since I've been able to ride but I thought I'd take a crappy picture and post it, I am impressed by this kit. I used LED Glow's 12 piece advanced SMD motorcycle kit. Shot in my garage mid day with the lights on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great -where did you mount the control box?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The control box is under the right side cover next to the relay box, plenty of room, the box is small. The wires took a little thinking but I ran most down the backbone and there is a frame pocket at the base of the tank and then the connections are under the front of the seat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the same set on my CC. You should place a strip under the top of the forged bars on each side. The lights will really pop. I will take a picture of mine to show as an example.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I basically have the same bike, just a 2013 and am looking at the same kit (maybe a 10 piece kit...not sure).

What color lights are those? Kinda look orange in the pic, but I definitely like your choice!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Not sure but you should probably check local laws, there are states where lights like that are illegal.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks dtmmil, but I've already checked. In Georgia, we're ok as long as they aren't blue.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Cool. I called my locals about headlights when i added my vichid blue tint headlights and he said headlights ok but excessive lighting is a good way to get pulled over.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totally fine as far as legality goes in PA, any color as long as long as they do not flash while on the street. I have been told that some LEOs will still stop and hassle riders with them on because they do not like them. I did learn that they are not permitted in VA, the trooper nicely explained that they were not permitted but told me he liked the bike (old one), he did mention that colors other than blue may have been legal but no blue lights flashing or not permitted on vehicles.

The kit I used is red and it is red in person but does look a bit orange in that pic. And the link provided is the one I used to buy them.

In the end, I like they way they look, provide some extra safety lighting and with my eye issues I have some night vision complications and not having a strong transition from light to dark is a plus.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I *did* order the orange kit, mostly because there was a "no red lights" law a number of years ago, and while it's no longer in effect, I'm sure I'd run into Barney Fife one day who remembers when it was still a reason to pull someone over. The orange actually is going to look pretty good IMO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Chugly,

One last question. I know where you mounted the control box (behind right cover). Did you get power from the fuse box somewhere, or did you extend wires to the battery?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Geekydad, I grounded to the ground at the back of the tank and ran power down to the battery directly. Since I had everything opened up to run the strips it was just as easy to source power from the battery as it would have been to tie into something else. I did consider pulling from a keyed source but there are times when I think I'd use the lights for show without the ignition on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts