Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been happy with the lighting on my Cross Country Tour, especially compared to the amount of lighting I have on my Road King. I wanted better turn signal visibility along with running light capability, but never could find the right combination until now.

I ordered a pair of Billet Bullets from Custom Dynamics: Billet LED Drivng Lights Billet LED Turn Signals
I've been a customer of theirs before and they have high-quality products and excellent service. I ordered the white/amber bullets which have white LEDs for running lights and amber LEDs for turn signals. When the turn signals are activated, the white LEDs shut off and the amber LEDs blink.

I used the same holes in the fairing that the OEM lights were mounted in. The lights work great. They increase my visibility in the daytime considerably, and also help quite a bit with more light directly in front of and to the side of the bike. In combination with my HID low beam, I've got great night time lighting now. The Billet Bullets also do not require an equalizer or isolator. I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Do they affect your FM radio reception?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
I like them!! How was the install pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like them!! How was the install pretty straight forward?
Install was easy. Watched a video on how to remove the fairing, it's not hard. Used the existing holes where the OEM turn signals were to mount the Bullets. Cut the wiring harness off the OEM lights and wired it to the Bullets so I could plug them into the factory harness. Ran the running light wires to the headlight wire. Overall, it was fairly easy.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Those look really good

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Wow! Those look great! Glad you didn't have the headache others have had either. The white LEDs look very bright, just like the low beam headlamp!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
@JonW I never liked the XC's lighting either. First I replaced the main bulbs with VicHID's but one burnt out in the first season. From there I added the Victory LED headlight which was a major improvement. I couldn't find forward driving lights I liked that were affordable so added LED strips at the top edge of the fairing for increased visibility to other drivers but they do nothing for my forward visibility. This is the lighting setup I've been running the last two seasons.
Kuryakyn and Show Chrome finally came out with bullet style driving lights(that I feel look right on my setup) with mounts and switches made for the XCs at decent prices. I was going back and forth between them, the Kury's were a little clearer looking but cost quite a bit more(and required the purchase of additional LEDs) I ended up deciding on the Show Chrome, which I bought last Friday night off e-bay for $196. I'm looking forward to having both better forward visibility and view-ability....

Your Web Browser does not allow this website to use cookies

I like your setup also, its very clean, like it was made for the bike. Good going thumb up

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've never been happy with the lighting on my Cross Country Tour, especially compared to the amount of lighting I have on my Road King. I wanted better turn signal visibility along with running light capability, but never could find the right combination until now.

I ordered a pair of Billet Bullets from Custom Dynamics: Billet LED Drivng Lights Billet LED Turn Signals
I've been a customer of theirs before and they have high-quality products and excellent service. I ordered the white/amber bullets which have white LEDs for running lights and amber LEDs for turn signals. When the turn signals are activated, the white LEDs shut off and the amber LEDs blink.

I used the same holes in the fairing that the OEM lights were mounted in. The lights work great. They increase my visibility in the daytime considerably, and also help quite a bit with more light directly in front of and to the side of the bike. In combination with my HID low beam, I've got great night time lighting now. The Billet Bullets also do not require an equalizer or isolator. I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

Hey would you mind sharing the exact part Number? I really like that idea. Been trying to come up with a good idea and really like your setup.

Reactions: JPerry62

·
Registered
813 Posts
@JonW I never liked the XC's lighting either. First I replaced the main bulbs with VicHID's but one burnt out in the first season. From there I added the Victory LED headlight which was a major improvement. I couldn't find forward driving lights I liked that were affordable so added LED strips at the top edge of the fairing for increased visibility to other drivers but they do nothing for my forward visibility. This is the lighting setup I've been running the last two seasons.
Kuryakyn and Show Chrome finally came out with bullet style driving lights(that I feel look right on my setup) with mounts and switches made for the XCs at decent prices. I was going back and forth between them, the Kury's were a little clearer looking but cost quite a bit more(and required the purchase of additional LEDs) I ended up deciding on the Show Chrome, which I bought last Friday night off e-bay for $196. I'm looking forward to having both better forward visibility and view-ability....

Your Web Browser does not allow this website to use cookies

I like your setup also, its very clean, like it was made for the bike. Good going thumb up
I like these, but I don't think I can use these with the lowers on the bike, I think it lowers the turn signals. Looking forward to seeing these on your bike.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey would you mind sharing the exact part Number? I really like that idea. Been trying to come up with a good idea and really like your setup.
There's a link in the first post to the product page at Custom Dynamics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
LED's

Thanks for your post. They are exactly what I been looking for. Placed my order a hour ago.

Every since I upgraded my stock XC's halogen headlamps to the Vic LED unit my 55watt P.I.A.A. driving lamps look yellow. So I don't turn them on until needed. Again thanks for the post.

Reactions: PaiN

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I like these, but I don't think I can use these with the lowers on the bike, I think it lowers the turn signals. Looking forward to seeing these on your bike.
They should not interfere with the lowers at all. The Show Chrome type mount above the turn signals, which remain in their normal position. Follow the link and have a look at the install instructions...if you don't believe me ;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
They should not interfere with the lowers at all. The Show Chrome type mount above the turn signals, which remain in their normal position. Follow the link and have a look at the install instructions...if you don't believe me ;)
Wow, cool. I guess it is the kuryakyn ones that lower the lights down, darn now I have to decide on extra lights above turn signals, or replacing my lights. You guys are not making my decision any easier. Now I have to wait and see what yours looks like mounted, uhg decisions decisions.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Wow, cool. I guess it is the kuryakyn ones that lower the lights down, darn now I have to decide on extra lights above turn signals, or replacing my lights. You guys are not making my decision any easier. Now I have to wait and see what yours looks like mounted, uhg decisions decisions.
Yes it is the Kuryakyn light set that lower the turn signals. Yes this forum is VERY good a spending its members money....good thing you weren't at the Vicwrapz party today :rolleyes:

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I looked at the Kuryakyn lights, but their setup looked a little busy to me. The Bullets look sleeker.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes it is the Kuryakyn light set that lower the turn signals. Yes this forum is VERY good a spending its members money....good thing you weren't at the Vicwrapz party today :rolleyes:
Yeah, the wrap looks cool. The only thing saving me is my bike is already two tone. The worst part of it al is my wife has given me the ok to spend the money.....

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
How about trying it so that those that are interested can know?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Custom Dynamics White/Amber Turn Signals

How about trying it so that those that are interested can know?
I added the Custom Dynamics lights to my XCT today and no radio interference. However, as a precaution I wrapped the wires through ferrite rings before I installed the lights (Amazon ASIN: B008IGQQFG). This acts as an RF choke to reduce interference. Since I did not first install the lights without the chokes I can't say if it was necessary or not, but adding the choke is simple and cheap. Maybe it was a waste of $7, but it was cheap insurance.

By the way, the lights are awesome. I am afraid, however, that they will loosen up from vibration because they are held on by a single bolt. Getting them initially tightened down in the correct alignment was a challenge and retightening if they loosen later will be interesting. They work great, but I hope the mount won't be a nuisance.

Reactions: PaiN and MaddogUSMC

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If mine loosen up, it's not a huge deal to pull the fairing off and put some Loctite Blue on the bolts. But I snugged mine down tight and used a lock washer, so hopefully that won't happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts