Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They attached right at the windshield mounts I just had to open up the mount hole and buy stainless button screws.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put on a luggage rack also.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Keeping bust and out of that AZ heat, eh Vin?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looking good! I need to get a rack, or build one soon. I may make one out of stainless steel. Something similar to the one you put on. Might be an off season project.

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
12,249 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The whole thing looks great ! How'bout an overall pic of the motorcycle ?
I'll look around probably a bunch here on the forum.

Whoops, that should have been busy, not bust. Guess I had other things on my mind.:ltr:
I like the way you think!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Look exactly like the lights I bought from Amazon. Seem to work pretty good, without paying out the nose. Couldn't get the bracket that mounts to the light tight enough, so I just put some 2-part epoxy on them. I made a bracket to mount the lights using the fender bolts. Think I am going to try to powder coat the brackets.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Vindex,
They look good there. Question how is the wiring done; where did you mount the control switch?
Thanks
451RF

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Vindex,
They look good there. Question how is the wiring done; where did you mount the control switch?
Thanks
451RF
I didn't mount a control switch I have them on all the time. I wired behind the headlight there's a lot of open connectors back there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For what its worth, I ran two (2) wires from the trickle charger connector (under the battery cover) to the headlight housing for 12v power to the relay (the positive lead is fused). I ran the remote turn-on lead from the headlight power, to a switch, back to the relay (this way the driving lights only come on when there is power to the headlight). The switch is there so I can turn the driving lights off, if I choose. I put a round switch in the key side cheese wedge. You can see the back side of the far driving light to see how I mounted them. I made the bracket out of 1" flat bar from Home Depot. They are painted for right now, but I am thinking about powder coating them (as well as the headlight housing and speedometer housing).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For what its worth, I ran two (2) wires from the trickle charger connector (under the battery cover) to the headlight housing for 12v power to the relay (the positive lead is fused). I ran the remote turn-on lead from the headlight power, to a switch, back to the relay (this way the driving lights only come on when there is power to the headlight). The switch is there so I can turn the driving lights off, if I choose. I put a round switch in the key side cheese wedge. You can see the back side of the far driving light to see how I mounted them. I made the bracket out of 1" flat bar from Home Depot. They are painted for right now, but I am thinking about powder coating them (as well as the headlight housing and speedometer housing).
VERY nice I like the looks of that!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts