Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled on this through amazon and it works perfect! Plug in the 30 pin apple harness in the right saddle bag and we have a super simple Bluetooth connection with superior range to stock (uses A2DP chip for least compression and maximum range). Love it and it’s a whopping $29. Auto pairs and has no noise...
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-Bluetooth-Receiver-accessories-Motorcycles/dp/B00GHUHMUS[/ame]

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There are a few of those. One is really expensive but from what the old posts say in my research it will send metadata to the victory stereo. The cheap $20 units will only give you basic control over Bluetooth but no track info.
I have a similar unit on order should be here tomorrow it was cheaper. I want to see if my 30 pin plug actually works before investing more money into it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stumbled on this through amazon and it works perfect! Plug in the 30 pin apple harness in the right saddle bag and we have a super simple Bluetooth connection with superior range to stock (uses A2DP chip for least compression and maximum range). Love it and it’s a whopping $29. Auto pairs and has no noise...
https://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-Bluetooth-Receiver-accessories-Motorcycles/dp/B00GHUHMUS
Yep!!! have two of them. Just incase one dies on a trip. They are great and work flawlessly

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have one, plugged it in (it lights up so it's charging) but I couldn't get it to work.
Don't know what I'm doing wrong??
I have since subscribed to XM, as they had a promotion on, giving you 6 months for $30 CDN, plus assorted taxes.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I added the $30 model to my 08 and it works great but does not allow me to change tracks. For that you need the $80 Pro model. I'll eventually upgrade but it really has not been an issue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Connect bluetooth to phone or device and set radio to auxiliary.
I tried that with my iphone 6 (bluetooth) and using a 3.5 mm double male cord to plug in a MP3 player to the unit and no go!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EV1GVBK/[/ame]

This is the one I had delivered today. There are cheaper units. Yes, it says not to use in auto but it works fine. These are basically the equivalent of using the headphone jack but wirelessly. So you only get volume control on handlebars that's it. Remember when you pair a phone it will cut the sound volume down because it thinks it is headphones so turn the sound back up, start your music, then ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
And you can change songs from the handlebar controls?
No. LCD only shows AUX and songs need to be changed on connected bluetooth device. The one I bought can connect to 2 devices at once, which I thought would be cool when riding 2 up, it when the wife is connect all I hear out the speakers are her text messages coming in. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts