Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any input good or bad for results of adding Miller Mufflers or same idea for free flowing exhaust and a Lloyd’s air filter to there cross country’s with no fuel helper like power commander? Did bike leanout ? Performance wise or whatever results would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
You are coming off to me like me; a bang-for-the-buck guy. Keeping cost down to a minimum, here's my suggestions.....disconnect / remove the O2 sensors for a slightly richer AFR. Then, add a Dobeck type tuner, such as the Lloydz VFCIII to help get rid of the inevitable decel popping. If you look into Facebook's Victory Motorcycles buy sell & trade, they pop up frequently for $150 or less, as Vic owners convert to PCVs. The people at Lloydz are willing to help over the phone with settings.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a pcv on the bike , I want to hear if others have added mufflers and A/c without a fuel helper.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Wickman...it would help us to help you if you would please complete a profile and signature like the rest of us. I would not have posted that one if you had. Thanks for nothing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No prob Ricz, I was getting around to adding a signature but really I was not asking about adding a fuel pack but simply if folks have found the bike runs fine with adding mufflers and a/c. Thanks though.

·
13,003 Posts
Miller mufflers have produce good numbers on the dyno. His web page of FB has some postings

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys I have Miller Mufflers , I apologize for not having a signature , I've tried to save it and it shows on my profile but it won't come up on the post. Again don't mean to waste your time.

1/4 turn throttle
Madstad windshield
Loyd's Timing Wheel +4
Loyd's A/C
Drew Miller Mufflers
PCv
Autotune AT-300

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Guys I have Miller Mufflers , I apologize for not having a signature , I've tried to save it and it shows on my profile but it won't come up on the post. Again don't mean to waste your time.

1/4 turn throttle
Madstad windshield
Loyd's Timing Wheel +4
Loyd's A/C
Drew Miller Mufflers
PCv
Autotune AT-300
You're not wasting our time, promise. The signature makes life easier is all.
Since the beginning of my Victory days (2011), I have read/heard that vic bikes can safely change slip-on mufflers, and NOT need and fuel controller. Changing the whole exhaust system and/or a high flow air filter will result in a super lean condition. The EPA has our bikes lean from the factory to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
I already have a pcv on the bike , I want to hear if others have added mufflers and A/c without a fuel helper.
I'm just not sure why you're asking, you have a fuel controller but want to know if people add these things without one??

I would think no they don't, lean sucks and opening up the intake and exhaust will be lean. Some do unplug the o2's but at cruise it would be dangerously lean I've seen it on my bike with an o2 gauge and wideband installed.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Right you are Vindex. I was getting 60 mpg on the hwy. and that's when I got an AFR meter to set things right. Now I get in the 40s.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just not sure why you're asking, you have a fuel controller but want to know if people add these things without one??

I would think no they don't, lean sucks and opening up the intake and exhaust will be lean. Some do unplug the o2's but at cruise it would be dangerously lean I've seen it on my bike with an o2 gauge and wideband installed.
Ya I hear you, sounds like these bikes are sooooo lean when they leave the showroom that as soon as 1 thing is added to make for better air flow that fuel has to be added. Guess I will be keeping the Power Commander.
I was just wondering if anyone got away with even a couple mods without having to rely on a fuel helper.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ya I hear you, sounds like these bikes are sooooo lean when they leave the showroom that as soon as 1 thing is added to make for better air flow that fuel has to be added. Guess I will be keeping the Power Commander.
I was just wondering if anyone got away with even a couple mods without having to rely on a fuel helper.
By installing a high flow a/c and high flow exhaust you are adding considerably more air and further 'leaning' an a/f ratio which is already quite lean from the factory. Yes, you need to keep the PC as well as have it adjusted to correct for the further leaning of the system.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have Lloyd's Torque Tubes and Bassani on my Jack with no tuner and it runs rough, particularly at lower rpms. I'm taking it back to stock, and would take your o2 sensors if you don't want them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By installing a high flow a/c and high flow exhaust you are adding considerably more air and further 'leaning' an a/f ratio which is already quite lean from the factory. Yes, you need to keep the PC as well as have it adjusted to correct for the further leaning of the system.
Does anyone actually know what a stock factory AFR table looks like?

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Whats this AFR meter you speak of?
AFR = air fuel ratio. It tells you if you are running lean, rich or just right in real world conditions while you are riding. It works best for those with Doback type tuners such as the Lloydz VFCII.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Does anyone actually know what a stock factory AFR table looks like?
They will very slightly (up to approx. 15%) from one new bike to another. If you have the bike hooked up to a dyno or are utilizing a system such as Powervision or Maximus for Victories, you will have the capability to display/read what the AFRs are at the various throttle positions for your bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
The narrow band o2's are supposed to keep the bike at 14.7-1 +- but from what I've read they do go very lean at times. The o2's are only active at steady throttle (cruise), acceleration or wide open it runs from a programed map and Vics go big time rich under acceleration or wide open I've seen it running an air/fuel gauge and a wideband on my bike before I cammed it.

The dyno uses a "sniffer" probe in the exhaust or wide band O2's in ports to read Air/fuel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts