Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just had a Ness rake kit installed and a 23" wheel on my 13' CC.

What I want to know is, can I add 10mm of fork oil to the forks while they are still in the bike? I'd like to firm up the ride and stop from hitting the travel limiters.
Can I just lift the bike and remove the top caps to add the oil?

Thanks
Rob

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Hi Rob, adding oil should ideally be done forks-up ... So you can accurately add or retract oil ...

If your fork is hitting the small spring travel limiters, why not go back to the shop that installed the rake-kit ?? This would be the logic step to take ?
Not taking apart somebody else work ?

Sent from my A51w using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Somehow I don't think it's that easy.
Someone here may be able to offer some hope, or you could approach whoever fitted the kit and wheel as you're probably not the only person that encounters this problem.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I had the same issue with my 23" rake. On BIG sharp potholes, it would bottom. I added more oil and it didn't stop it completely (it did help some). I did a full change with Amsoil Shock Therapy #10 and I haven't had it happen since.

BTW the forks were removed, springs removed, tubes compressed per the manual to be sure the final fill was accurate and even

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue with my 23" rake. On BIG sharp potholes, it would bottom. I added more oil and it didn't stop it completely (it did help some). I did a full change with Amsoil Shock Therapy #10 and I haven't had it happen since.

BTW the forks were removed, springs removed, tubes compressed per the manual to be sure the final fill was accurate and even
Luvmyride - how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
This is a little off your topic: I don't like to mess with suspension so I had a shop do a fork oil change this winter and upgraded to Amsoil #15 per the shop's recommendation. The bike's front end feels more solid and its much better riding than before the change.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is a little off your topic: I don't like to mess with suspension so I had a shop do a fork oil change this winter and upgraded to Amsoil #15 per the shop's recommendation. The bike the front end feels more solid and its much better riding than before the change.
I'm thinking of doing this - I had a small leak and got the leak fixer thingy (looks like a thin plastic book marker). and fixed the leak - but some oil was lost.
I'm curious and would like a point of reference - how much were you charged for the fork oil change?

·
Premium Member
538 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I'm curious and would like a point of reference - how much were you charged for the fork oil change?
I had new tires mounted and balanced with the service but I believe it was ~$110 for the fork service.(I pulled the forks off the bike and brought them to the shop, it would have been more labor if the shop pulled and remounted the tubes.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks

The bike rides smooth....no issues.

Only bottomed out once or twice

·
Registered
70 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts