Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished installing Rivco's LED Mirrors on my XCT over the weekend. Rivco states that these mirrors will NOT work on "Cross" bikes, but you can get them to work just fine... if you buy a trailer isolator and do some very minor fabrication work for the right-side mirror adapter.

If anyone's interested, I explain, in detail -- 7,000+ words and 43 pictures -- exactly how to accomplish this, on this page that I just finished putting up on my web site: http://www.billanddot.com/adding-rivco-led-mirrors.html .

I also share some electrical tips regarding tools and connectors. I'm not a professional (anything), but I know what's worked for me in 16 years of farkling bikes, and if you're new to this you may find some of that useful.

I realize that there are some older threads on this topic, but I thought I'd start a new one and add a post to the existing threads pointing here. This way, and with a new subject line, hopefully anyone searching for a how-to on this will wind up here, without having to wade through a bunch of posts.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
So, where is the sign-up sheet and staging area? I'll. Be there tomorrow with my XCT, Rivco mirrors, and a case of your favorite beverage :D

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
That might be the best written, most complete installation guide i have ever read on the Internet. While i may never install the mirrors, i have bookmarked your page so i may reference your tips and explanations in the future when working on other bikes. I am going to assume you are a professional technical writer... I'm almost speechless! Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, where is the sign-up sheet and staging area? I'll. Be there tomorrow with my XCT, Rivco mirrors, and a case of your favorite beverage :D
Don't forget to bring a trailer isolator and harness, and a couple of washers. Yeah, we can do this in my garage in an afternoon. Gonna be in the Albany area anytime?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That might be the best written, most complete installation guide i have ever read on the Internet. While i may never install the mirrors, i have bookmarked your page so i may reference your tips and explanations in the future when working on other bikes. I am going to assume you are a professional technical writer... I'm almost speechless! Thanks!
Pre-retirement, I was a database administrator for a NY State agency. So, I was a geek, but I did write a lot of documentation, instruction manuals, training materials, and email explanations -- that sort of thing. My largest effort was a 200-page user manual for a mainframe-based email system I wrote (in the days before PCs).

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I second that motion.
I saw these turn signal mirrors in a magazine several months ago, and was just about to pull the trigger and order them, then I saw a lot of traffic on this forum, the Victory Motorcycle Club Forum, and some other forums that stated they would not work on our CCT's, and that was that.
I may very well reconsider now, but I'll have to find someone to do the install as I don't electrical type of work.

Thanks for the detailed tutorial.

Elliot

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I second that motion.
I saw these turn signal mirrors in a magazine several months ago, and was just about to pull the trigger and order them, then I saw a lot of traffic on this forum, the Victory Motorcycle Club Forum, and some other forums that stated they would not work on our CCT's, and that was that.
I may very well reconsider now, but I'll have to find someone to do the install as I don't electrical type of work.

Thanks for the detailed tutorial.

Elliot
Um, I've been to San Diego a couple of times -- great city -- but only by plane.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Bill P.: "BBob's heat shields" in your signature line. What are those? I searched can't find any info. Niskayuna, very nice place. I have previously lived in Saratoga area for about 8 years, girls graduated from Schuylerville HS. I love upstate/Capital District NY. Worked at KAPL site and in Ballston Spa.
-Scott K.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bill P.: "BBob's heat shields" in your signature line. What are those? I searched can't find any info. Niskayuna, very nice place. I have previously lived in Saratoga area for about 8 years, girls graduated from Schuylerville HS. I love upstate/Capital District NY. Worked at KAPL site and in Ballston Spa.
-Scott K.
Scott: I'll have to get over my disappointment that you didn't browse my gallery (link in signature), and look at what are currently images 22 and 23; the heat shield's shown in those, along with this link:

http://azleather.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3285387

(OK, I got over it.)

They're not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but every little bit helps.

There's a recent thread (started May 19) on the other Vic forum, but I don't think I'm allowed to post a link. Go there, and do a search for, say...

ENGINE HEAT

...and I bet you'll find it. There's a brief discussion near the end concerning whether to use the innie or outie method with the shield.

KAPL is only a few miles from us. We're the Town of Colonie, actually (mailing address Nisky), right against the eastern edge of Schenectady Co., off of Rt. 7 a bit. Yeah, pretty nice area.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am looking to do something like this when i finish my sissy bar, add high mount brake and turn to it aswell
When you get around to doing this, if you think I can be of any help (regarding something not covered or not clear in my article), feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Awesome, since I'm gonna be on the back end of the bike I'm gonna buy a second rear light harness , cut and solder in the isolation harness. Should be able to internally wire the sissy bar light too

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts