Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 13 XCT and now I want to put a connection for my Zumo 550 so I can change from bike to bike has anyone run a line from the battery for the gps and dressed to swap the unit from car to bike or bike to bike
leaving soon for about 5K mile trip and need to get things set soon still breakin this baby in

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Pappy...The EASIEST and simplest way to do bike to bike moving of the zumo 550 is to just bite the bullet and get another zumo mount for the other bike.

However, the zumo 550 comes with both a bike mount and a car mount and moving between those two is as simple as just popping it off one mount and onto the other.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got my 13 XCT and now I want to put a connection for my Zumo 550 so I can change from bike to bike has anyone run a line from the battery for the gps and dressed to swap the unit from car to bike or bike to bike
leaving soon for about 5K mile trip and need to get things set soon still breakin this baby in
If you are talking power, use the plug that is for the car and the power port in the fairing for the XCT. For the other bike, add one of these: http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/12_Volt_Power_Adapter/web1007420

Also get ram ball mounts to fit each handlebar and you are good: http://www.rammount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx#/

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I took a cable with a heated gear jack like this:

Instead of the BMW end, I fitted a cheap cigarette lighter adapter. My FJR has such as adapter as do my cars.

On my XR, I installed a couple of these directly to the battery:

So I have one for my heated gear and one for my GPS.

Finally, I replaced the GPS plug with the male part of a heated gear connector. Now, I can plug my GPS to anything I own.

IMG_0784.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts