Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to adjust the sensor that trips the low fuel light? I'm getting great fuel mileage, but when the light comes on I feel obliged to fill it up, I usually top it off a bit more than I really should and still only put 3.2 gallons in. I know it is a 4.5 gallon tank and the light should come on with 0.8 gallons left, which means I should be putting 3.7 gallons in. That half gallon would give me another 20-25 miles before the light comes on.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
In decades of riding, I have seldom had a bike that had a fuel gauge that provided accurate information. Get to know your bike's fuel mileage city and highway. Reset a trip odo at fill ups. When light comes on, note the trip odo reading and extrapolate how far you can go before having to push the bike. Many of us have been doing that way for years. My XR has about 1-1/2 gallons left when the light comes on. A nuisance? Yes. A problem? No.

·
13,038 Posts
You have to pull the sending unit out of the tank and bend it to get a better reading.

Look at it this way you don't have to push the bike thumb up

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to pull the sending unit out of the tank and bend it to get a better reading.

Look at it this way you don't have to push the bike thumb up
That seems like some guess work would be involved. I am wondering if it got bent some time in the past because it looks like the gas tank has been sealed to prevent rust. Might have gotten bent when it was out for the sealer. But if they aren't that accurate, then it probably isn't worth trying to fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts