Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test rode the Cross Country Tour. Fabulous ride (photo on fridge)... except ...the windshield is too tall. I agree that the old (shorter) one is perfect for slow cruising/sightseeing but too short to eliminate highway speed head buffeting. My rides include the Colorado mountains (snows any time of year). The ground might only get wet but snow flurries (or even rain for that matter) would obscure the windscreen. Yes, I've experienced, that it takes a tall windshield to alleviate, highway speed, buffeting. So, Victory.... If you would offer, the best of both worlds... an ADJUSTABLE windshield (like the "Vision") for the Cross Country Tour, the checkbook is coming out. Any chance of that happening?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the Madstad website. It's "been coming" for awhile. Nice to know that there may a workable after market solution, down the road.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dude it's totally adjustable as is. Just spend about $250 for each shield height you want and carry the allen wrench to change them out. It only takes about 10 minutes.

LOL... Just being the devils advocate. I agree the the XCT should have more features than the Vision if it'sgoing to cost more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cost thing is a good Point. I've just searched these forums and other web sites concerning the same issue, of having an electrically adjustable windshield for the XCT (like the Vision). I have not seen (I may have missed it somewhere) a response from Victory R&D. Has there been a statement from them somewhere?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked Madstad, this week, when the XTC shield will be ready. They just emailed me that me that their windscreen for the XTC is now available. go to Madstad XTC Windshield
.. It's manual. I did some Google'ing and , yep, there are a lot of us that would like to see an oem windshield, at least, on par with the, cheaper, Vision. Since the winter ice, on my street, is restricting me to my cage, I have the luxury of waiting, until the spring thaw, to see if Victory will respond to the plethora of requests for an automatic windshield for the XTC.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Find a used OEM windshield an some lexan and make yourself one. Better yet to keep frm having to match the curves find 2 windshields and make 1 adjustable windshield from them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bubble of quietness...

also a bubble of ugly:ltr::ltr:
Now now... play nice with the poor Harley guy. But seriously, you do bring up a good point. Does Victory really want people to think that those, aftermarket (looking the way they do), windshields are OEM's. The marketing (read, sales) department, likely, does not. NDABUNKA said on 12/13, that "there is one coming". I hope he was referring to (not the Madstad, but) an OEM automatic adjustable, like the Vision.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Now now... play nice with the poor Harley guy. But seriously, you do bring up a good point. Does Victory really want people to think that those, aftermarket (looking the way they do), windshields are OEM's. The marketing (read, sales) department, likely, does not. NDABUNKA said on 12/13, that "there is one coming". I hope he was referring to (not the Madstad, but) an OEM automatic adjustable, like the Vision.
Sorry but my reference was the Madstad one but like those here, I am a bit disappointed in that product so I don't know of any other alternatives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry but my reference was the Madstad one but like those here, I am a bit disappointed in that product so I don't know of any other alternatives.
Heavy sigh (thanks). By the way, are you Victory rep? In any event, do the folks, who have a say in R&D, at Victory read and/or act on forum posts/suggestions?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Heavy sigh (thanks). By the way, are you Victory rep? In any event, do the folks, who have a say in R&D, at Victory read and/or act on forum posts/suggestions?
I am solely a fellow Victory owner is all. No inside information here. I have gleened only the same details as others from the multiple public forums.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts