Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to adjust the rear shock on a Kingpin? Any special tools required? Will be riding two up with gear and want to max out rear shock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pull the right side cover, remove bolts from fuse block and move it out of the way. Will need a spanner wrench to adjust the coil over.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I bought a universal spanner wrench from my dealer for about $6, it seems to work OK. Its a universal polaris wrench, not victory specific.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you know the part number or what model the the shock tool is for? Went to my Polaris/Victory dealer and we could not find it.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
looks like part number 2877408 its a polaris number I believe, and it was $5.49.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know the part number or what model the the shock tool is for? Went to my Polaris/Victory dealer and we could not find it.
I was sold a spanner wrench with the P/N of PV-46993. Supposedly this is a Polaris mechanic's tool only, but the local mechanic ordered extra to sell. Pricey at $35, but definitely fits the ring nut on the Kingpin rear shock. Just finished adjusting. Needed a 10mm socket with an extension to remove three bolts for fuse bracket and one bolt for brake fluid chamber. Chalk this up as the first thing I've done on my Victory. I was given the advice that a little WD-40 on the threads helps and breaking the two ring nuts loose with a little tap of the hammer helps.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
A spanner wrench is best but a hammer and a punch or drift will work in a pinch.
I dont feel so bad now when I couldnt find my spanner.....:D Thanks BBob!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hammer and punch works, but be careful not to ding up the nut to much, the two will not work smoothly against each other and will be harder to adjust in the future.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just finished 1600 mile roadtrip. Shock was adjusted great for two up, loaded touring. Sure is a bumpy ride solo. See the advantage to air shocks. Will have to adjust back for single riding. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts