Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on riding 2 up and adjusted the stock shocks on my 06 Jackpot. Tightened the adjustment nut leaving about 1/2" of threads below it. Plan on riding tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone adjusted their shocks and if so how far or how much thread is below the adjustment nut. Don't want to bottom out and have to buy another ACM, again. Thanks

·
13,251 Posts
Wouldn't adjusting them depend on what kind of roads you have.
On how big you are and how much your passenger weighs.
What does your manual give you for guide lines.
What does it matter what others are doing do what you think is best for you

·
Registered
57 Posts
I adjusted mine going by ride height from bottom of frame to the ground. I needed to raise it up about 1/4 in to adjust for weight of 2 up
worked great for me and I dont notice any difference when I am alone on the bike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RYCHEMIND how much did you have to turn the adjustment nut for that 1/4"?

VISIONJOHNNY of course those come into play. I'm curious because I tightened the adjustment nut almost all the way down and still is lower than 4 1/2" (manual recommendations). 2 up we're about 365 lbs. Doesn't seem to change when I tighten it. We did ride yesterday though and no scraping. So I guess all is well.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The 1/2" of threads below sounds good. That's about how I adjusted my Kingpin shock. it proved a little stiff for one up, so I adjusted it back part of the way after our 2 up roadtrip.

·
Registered
352 Posts
my way of doing it is backwards... I max mine out, then lessen it till it's comfy. I max out first, ride it by myself... then ride it 2 up... then adjust down if needed. Just me.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Now this question kind of blows my mind as it's completely dependent on how You have Your suspension set. You can adjust it so it's soft or stiff, take your pick.
I do understand that. I have mine set as soft as i can get it. However it still seems a bit harsh. Some of the roads around here are not glass like to be sure, but even so. i am only about #160. That is only approx 30% of the load rating for my bike.

Perhaps others may feel the same....

I have been looking into different shocks. Do you, or any one have suggestions?

Here is one i am looking at:

https://www.twocycleguys.com/p-19070-progressive-suspension-465-series-shock-long-victory-hammer-jackpot-kingpin-and-vegas.aspx

m

1 - 11 of 11 Posts