Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I've just bought an 8 Ball and love it. I wondered if anyone has any tips or advice on the first things I should do just to make sure I'm all sweet. It came with the stage 1 already but are there any areas that, based on your experience I need to be aware of. Cheers cheers
D

·
13,043 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Read up on clutch cable lube or broken clutch cable. Plent of preventative tips there. You mentioned Stage 1 flash, what exhaust and intake you got? Huge improvements out there on that end. Tire air pressure, the bikes suspension will really do its job if you put that as part of your weekly checks. Be faithful on your oil change intervals, improved shifting with it. DONT over torque the plug and always replace the crush gasket each service. Go to Lloyds Tech tips on his web site and read up on his thoughts concerncing starts, cold starts and exhausts. Good stuff. My 2 cents on plugs is if your going to inspect them, replace them. VJ might disagree. heehe If it's an 07, new wires sooner than later might be a thought but you didnt mention milage.

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forums! Safe ridin!!!!

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts