Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2007 Victory Kingpin for sale in PA, all stock with ~14000 miles. It's listed for 4300 by a car dealership, not motorcycle dealer. I really don't know what's a good price for this kind of bike. Anyone have any input? Anything I should look for on a test drive? Any advice is welcome!!! :grin:grin:grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Classic model in what looks to be excellent condition with low miles....yeah Id buy it for that!...well I'd offer em less of course for cash.

dunno the market there over in the USA but thats around 6K Australian so to me its a ride away bargain.

Looks like a good bike,
Ride it first make sure all the gears are operating correctly.
before you even start it check the oil.
take it for a good ride and get back to us.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Kingpins are a very impressionable bike. I know some who had one and lament selling theirs. You have a lot of help on this forum, so you aren't out there alone. Knowing how used car lots buy, I would start negotiations at 1/3 less than asking price at $3K and do not act like you have fallen in love with it, even if you did. Be prepared to walk, if they don't come down appreciably. You will get a call from them by the next day. You are in a buyer's market with that bike. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
It has a windshield, rider backrest, and saddlebags already. That's about $1000 worth right there if someone were to buy that stuff new when it was all available.

Yes; this is a very fair price for this bike in this condition at this time. Values may go up in the coming years. Time will tell. They have probably gone as low as they are gonna go; at least I hope so.

·
Registered
218 Posts
She looks pretty much stock engine-wise. I'd check the throttle body boot for dry cracking and the little rubber plugs where you do the fuel pressure checks...make sure the tires aren't dry cracking too. Looks like it was well taken care of overall. Start her up with the throttle advance and let it warm up and see if you can back it off all the way to make sure she idles at around 1K or thereabouts... I'd check the clutch cable at both ends to make sure you don't have any fraying.. Other than that I'd say that 4300 is more than fair price! Looks like you gonna get a hell of a lot of bike for not a lot of money to me.

·
12,983 Posts
are there any on craigslist to compare price remember car dealers never give value of what your trading in

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2008 Kingpin setup similarly. Mine has a trunk and stage 1 pipes but otherwise nearly identical. I have 22K touring and town miles on it and have had no issues other then putting on new tires, a clutch cable and a few sets of plugs. Great bike. I'd offer em $3500 cash and see if you can steal it. kbb.com lists it at $6100

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice looking bike. 6 speed 100 cu in I have a 2005 TC. It offered 5 speed 92 cu in at the time. That kingpin is a bike I would own.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hope you bought that Kingpin if was what you wanted. They're a great bike. It appears to to be STOCK or untouched. I see the original air filter box, meaning the air intake filter hasn't been changed for upgrades etc. You have the factory Windshield ( with chrome and logo ) means it hasn't been in a wreck or redone. Very clean bike for that price around here. The 07' was before the O2 censers were factory equip. A vic mechanic could give you advice that way.
also: I want to say hi! to Diamondrmp and KevinX if you are still around. I met KevinX at Frank's Cam changes in Omaha in 2010. Dimondrmp had a picture of his Black Vegas in front of his house back in about 2012.
Good luck with the Bike!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Let us know if you bought it. Kingpins are a great bike. Was gonna say give them 4000 and they would jump at it. Just sold my 04 for 2900 ... I should have held out for more but that cut in half what I paid for the 2011 KP I bought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts