Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I live in Colorado (6800 ft) and will be moving to around sea level. I am looking at putting Loydz Torque Tubes w/IAV, Adjustable Timing System, and PCV on my 2010 Hammer 8-Ball in Colorado. Will I have to have my bike re dyno'd once i get to sea level? I move a lot (AD military) so was wondering if there is some way around having to get a dyno every time I move (dont want to pay every move with extremes in altitude), or will the ECM keep up with the change in altitude once dyno'd in CO. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
You should call Lloyd and Kyle and ask them this question. They may have a map they built for your exact set-up they can e-mail to you.

You can save as many maps as you want on a laptop and load them in as needed... Only takes a minute or two.

Boy, you will really enjoy the bike at sea level... lots more power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks half_crazy for the info. I will give LLoydz a call and see what they say on the issue. I didn't realize with the PCV that you can save different maps (new to PC), but that will be great. I have to agree with saddlebag that riding in the mountains is awesome, I am looking forward to the increased power though. Thanks for the help

·
13,002 Posts
Go to Power Commander and read about the V the way I understand it will self adjust its self every time you go for a ride.
So there should be no adjusting when you move

·
Registered
774 Posts
Don't touch it just get to sea level. These bikes have 18 sensors and your ECM knows where where its at all the time. When you get to sea level see how it runs and go from there.
If it runs good at altitude it will run better much better around sea level
Iam at 6500 FT and the difference is amazing.thumb up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice all. Sounds like once I get my upgrades I won't touch the bike when I get to sea level since the ECM should keep up with the change in altitude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts