1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small chips in my paint i want to fix.
Is this stuff like unobtainium?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Johnny, you just made the lil light bulb inside my noggin flicker a little brighter.
The guy that has done all of my ceramic coating and powdercoating works with Rev Dynamics.
I'm pretty sure Rev's dad owns the local Vic shop, and Rev does amazing things with all things paint.
http://www.revdynamics.net/#!gallery/c10ms

Thanks dude!!!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I got the touch up paint for my sunset red for a few chips on my right saddlebag. Wish now I would have just let them be. The touch up paint made it look worse than it was before.

·
Registered
367 Posts
TXNR
I second that I bought the touch up paint and your right looks better if you leave it alone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
AG is tough to touch up with it being a tristage paint job. I can get you the part numbers for the touch up paint if you would like. If its a good size chip you might be better off having someone repaint it for you if it bothers you much. I touched one up a few months ago and it was a pain in the ace to match and blend.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
AG is tough to touch up with it being a tristage paint job. I can get you the part numbers for the touch up paint if you would like. If its a good size chip you might be better off having someone repaint it for you if it bothers you much. I touched one up a few months ago and it was a pain in the ace to match and blend.
I tell people with metallic and pearl paints to find a nail polish of a similar colour , its made to brush on glittery.
metallics n pearls never brush -touch satisfactorily, usually looks a lot darker

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The touch up on my red is darker but the biggest problem the way light hits the bag at certain angles the touched up area really sticks out. Before I touched up the bags you could hardly see the few small chips unless you stared right at it but I of course could not leave well enough alone. If the chip is not very big then I would just leave it.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
The touch up on my red is darker but the biggest problem the way light hits the bag at certain angles the touched up area really sticks out. Before I touched up the bags you could hardly see the few small chips unless you stared right at it but I of course could not leave well enough alone. If the chip is not very big then I would just leave it.
factory paint is probably 2 pack and the touch up paint single pack with no hardenener.
if thats the case a dab of GP thinners on a rag will wipe off the touch up without phasing the original finish

·
Registered
324 Posts
The problem with the AF green is, it's a tri coat paint. base, mid, top coat. Using touch up paint just leaves dark spots all over. I had the factory paint and mixed up some touch up paint a really light shade so it wouldn't look so bad. The base is like a fluorescent green. its really bright.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
If you order touch up paint form the dealer chances are they will sell you 6 cans, If the above info is right then you will end up with 2 can of each "layer" of paint. You're dealer might just sell you one each and keep the other cans in stock but they come in 2 packs from Vic.

I just ordered paint for my bike and i'll have 4 cans the base orange x2 and a flatner top coat x2 to give it the dull finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts