Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some input guys, I'm riding
a 2011 xc. baffles drilled out, victory high flow air filter ,no sound strip, lloyds vm1dr cams, pcv and auto tune. My problem is I need a good map to start tuning . I don't want to burn valves but i want a good mix of proformance and fuel economy. my tech started me off at 13.2 I think thats way to rich.... any imput appreciated... mark

·
Registered
164 Posts
PM sent with my email addy.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
These values work really well for me.... took me a while to develop it. Remember that where I have a zero, you should manually zero out the underlying fuel and trim values as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
These values work really well for me.... took me a while to develop it. Remember that where I have a zero, you should manually zero out the underlying fuel and trim values as well.
That's relatively close to what I have as well on my 2012 High Ball. I still have some entries in my 2% throttle column to reduce decel popping. Are you having any popping with your setup? Also, are you working from a flashed or non-flashed ECM??

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
That's relatively close to what I have as well on my 2012 High Ball. I still have some entries in my 2% throttle column to reduce decel popping. Are you having any popping with your setup? Also, are you working from a flashed or non-flashed ECM??
Stock ECM. Throttle roll off (typically at a 1st-2nd upshift) backfire is all but gone. Maybe once in a while at most.

Some of you on the another site may have already received this map from me.... David

·
Registered
263 Posts
Another question, my ECM was supposedly flashed with the S&S intake Card, does this make a difference for my initial tuning of the PCV??

Thanks much
Not really. The trims will be affected, but the AFR's would most likely be the same. The AT will try to compensate for whatever settings are in the ECM in order to reach the target AFR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is my AFR and timing; a combination of a real dyno tune and lloyds ignition table. I have since 0'd out the 0% column in the AFR and manually adjusted the PCV fuel tables for 0% to richen it up and reduce the decel popping. 10-20% from 3K and below. This in combination with minor tweaks to the Lloyd IAV has worked well for me. Went from 180miles a tank(5.5g), using the fuelmoto default of 13.2, back to 260 per tank. Temperature went from 200 to 225.
https://plus.google.com/photos/105793717730940106209/albums/5735795004350904497

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here is my AFR and timing; a combination of a real dyno tune and lloyds ignition table. I have since 0'd out the 0% column in the AFR and manually adjusted the PCV fuel tables for 0% to richen it up and reduce the decel popping. 10-20% from 3K and below. This in combination with minor tweaks to the Lloyd IAV has worked well for me. Went from 180miles a tank(5.5g), using the fuelmoto default of 13.2, back to 260 per tank. Temperature went from 200 to 225.

What bike and mods do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll assume you didnt open the pics as its listed in the dyno screencaps
08 Vision
VM1 CAMs, intake plate and IAV from Lloyd
PCV and AT
high flow vic filter

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
That's mighty impressive. Your pixels or something is all wrong though because it's impossible to read some of the tables. Think you can fix them and repost.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I'll assume you didnt open the pics as its listed in the dyno screencaps
08 Vision
VM1 CAMs, intake plate and IAV from Lloyd
PCV and AT
high flow vic filter

I have close to the same setup as you, and a few months ago when I tried to advance the timing at the higher rpms and wot, even by as little as 2 degrees, it pinged. How are you avoiding the ping? Have you run it wide open yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts