Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 2 years away, I’m back with a new (to me) Magnum. Man, I missed the Victory bikes. I have deliberated and went back and forth between the New Harley’s, new Yamaha’s, and Suzuki’s. My wife found this and said “This one”.

Glad to be back!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sweet looking ride...your wife's a definate keeper....8) welcome back and ride safe,

Rob

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s nice. After 23 years together with the wife, I think I’ll keep her around.

The crash still haunts me and I almost bought another Highball. But this is a different beast. Not quite as ballsy but good enough.

Now I just have to find some stock mufflers in Canada that don’t cost an arm and leg.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate that Canuck. I literally just brought the bike home yesterday. Did a quick call around earlier last week. Some dealers wanted ridiculous amounts for take offs. I just contacted the ad you sent me.

Stock mufflers on it already, but I have an idea I want to try.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome back

Welcome back. Nice looking ride. Sounds like a great wife that knows you and a good motorcycle. BOTH are keepers ;-) LMYR

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Well, after 2 years away, I’m back with a new (to me) Magnum. Man, I missed the Victory bikes. I have deliberated and went back and forth between the New Harley’s, new Yamaha’s, and Suzuki’s. My wife found this and said “This one”.

Glad to be back!
Glad to have you back and congratulations on your beautiful Magnum.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it seemed natural. As soon as she showed it to me, it had to be mine. My wife is a keeper for many, many other reasons. However she does know me and knew
I would love it.

I just found out that my muffler idea has been done before, apparently many times over.

Who here has done the Thrush mod? If so is it worth it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have done that mod but used a Magaflow glass pack as they fit without having to remove the wire mesh. I liked the sound real well but have since changed to a set of tri ovals when Leaders were selling them for $180.00

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I purchased the Magnaflows as well. Did you notice a difference in response at all? What else was done to your bike?

I plan on putting Lloydz air filter, or possibly the new Third Gear air intake in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts