Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is having a good weekend and has been riding in this amazing Midwest weather!

I recently installed a new clutch cable and hit the road to test it out. On one of my test rides I hit a good bump in the road and lost
a turn signal cover lol. I decided to look at the remaining lights and noticed they’re all in varying states of imperfection. After a cursory look at replacement lights, I like the led front fork wrap wrap arounds and the sleak rear fender led tube with license plate bracket. Anyone know a good place in terms of cost and fit. Any brand in particular I should look at? I ride an 05 Vegas. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Led

I got rid of the front stock LED turn indicators years ago on my 2011 XR. I personally just did not like them, very large and chrome, worked good, just me not liking them. Back then I got some off brand on e-bay. Installed them I they worked good until this past year. The lenses discolored over time. The lenses would clean up ok, but not stay clear for long. You get what you pay for they say. Somewhere along the way I got a another set of LED turn signals, look like little arrow heads. I had actually bought them for another project bike, but that is sitting apart, lack of funds, ha,ha. So I installed them and they work good, good and bright, but they made my flashers flash faster. So I seen some turns signals or running light strips on sale on "Twisted Throttle" website. Ordered them. Installed them, stick on , onto the engine crash bars. Now they light up good and the flashers flash at the normal speed or flashing rate. So you get what you pay for, but with some of them you may need a resister wired in or run another indicator light as I did for more resistance. Good luck on your hunt. You can also check on "Superbriteleds.com" they have all kinds of lights.

·
Registered
158 Posts
In case you are not aware the factory wiring has polarity reversed on your right front signal. Make sure you check it before installing new lights. A fried auto cancel module may result.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the responses!

I looked around and settled for rear fender eliminator clear w/ amber led and tag mount from Nice Cycle. They don’t have a bunch of Victory parts but I like the shipping time and we’ll see if I got what I ordered and all that.

I looked at Chrome Glow and Sportbikelites. They have the same part and the price is close so I went with the nearest competitor. Chrome Glow
has free shipping for orders over $150 so that will be considered for my front turn signals.

I’ve read about the load equalizer. I need to look into it more. I think my turn signal cancelor is already fried as I have to press the signal cancel button after making a turn.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
It stays on for a while before self cancelling. Good that you found something post pics when you get them done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts