Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most probably know it already, I'm new here since my May CCT purchase.

Since buying the bike I had several minor accessories that I was considering.

Kuryakyn has had several things discontinued on clearance. Direct from kuryakyn is cheap and possibly cheaper from resellers.

Most is ugly stuff but the black fork covers are down to $80 from kuryakyn.com.

I've seen this happen with my other bike the VTX line ended in 2009 and the aftermarket accessories started dropping off the market by 2014 or earlier.

Much like that situation a lot of the stuff remaining is very popular or common to Victory and Indian.

So if there is something you have been considering watch the prices and grab them cheap before they gone forever.

I actually expected the aftermarket stuff to be around longer with new bikes still sitting at dealers but I guess not.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Just another reason I’m done. Gotta get rid of a few parts and a couple leather jackets yet.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory mechanical parts will be around.
I admit much of the stuff being discontinued is ugly so it probably would have been dropped even if Vic was still in business.
The fork covers surprised me but oh well I got them cheaper so I'm happy. Same with my mufflers.
It's a good time to be a buyer. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Parts will still be around and some items that are in low demand disappear will go out of production - But best of breed items will hold value - as I believe my in the box Cross Country Chrome V&H pipes.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bought some jewelries for my Gunner earlier this year at Witchdoctors. Same 50% off. Even including overseas shipping and taxes (held by Customs again, though...) still good deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Bought some jewelries for my Gunner.
I have something similar - looks good, I think. The first photo is my XR, the second is a couple "motorcycles" I saw in Gdansk. A Harley and a BMW - both "stoned." Amber stones.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Most probably know it already, I'm new here since my May CCT purchase.

Since buying the bike I had several minor accessories that I was considering.

Kuryakyn has had several things discontinued on clearance. Direct from kuryakyn is cheap and possibly cheaper from resellers.

Most is ugly stuff but the black fork covers are down to $80 from kuryakyn.com.

I've seen this happen with my other bike the VTX line ended in 2009 and the aftermarket accessories started dropping off the market by 2014 or earlier.

Much like that situation a lot of the stuff remaining is very popular or common to Victory and Indian.

So if there is something you have been considering watch the prices and grab them cheap before they gone forever.

I actually expected the aftermarket stuff to be around longer with new bikes still sitting at dealers but I guess not.
Went from a VTX to a Hammer, and honestly, there's something I don't get with the way the aftermarket is reacting to the fate of Victory.

The fact that Victory is no more, has nothing to do with the fact that the number of existing Victory motorcycles remains!!!! Why panic??? It is no more panicking than a model drop or an engine change in an existing company....

No reason to react as if all the Victories on the road have spontaneously caught fire for crying out loud....

I'm a jeep guy, and aftermarket for CJs, YJ's, TJ's and JK's are going strong.... if one thing, it is the new JL that the aftermarket is slow to produce parts for.

Anyways.... sad to see none the less.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it is panic but they see it as an excuse to drop all the low selling products. They might have already planned to discontinue them before Victory cancelled the brand we don't really know.
I just see stuff that looks like it might be interesting for cheap so it's a good time to be a buyer if something catches your eye.
I'm still on the fence with those spark plug fill in pieces but if the price drops I might grab them...

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I'm still on the fence with those spark plug fill in pieces but if the price drops I might grab them...
Well worth the search. If you find em, grab em at any price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well worth the search. If you find em, grab em at any price.
Price is too high for what they are.
How do they attach anyway? I've already seen post where someone said they lost one on the road.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
They capitalize on the wedge shape of the recess. There is an allen srcew that you access from the top and it pushes on a nylon pad that lifts it and wedges it against the walls. The poster obviously did not tighten it enough and/or did not occasionally check it for tightness.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh okay. The thing I don't like is that it is thicker fins than what is on the engine itself so it looks off.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Oh okay. The thing I don't like is that it is thicker fins than what is on the engine itself so it looks off.
I find that the fins match well, not only in alignment, but thickness too. Could be they were designed for 2010s exclusively. :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That might be the case. Some pics they look great but many they do not they look like you stuck a piece of mismatched material in there. Hard to justify spending $80 on $8 of aluminum.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't know why there is so much fear mongering about after market parts for any of these bikes. My old Kawasaki Voyager XII was out of production in 2003 and after market. parts were plenty even as of two years ago. Eventually there will be a lot of used parts available and people will start manufacturing there own items if they can't find them.
I think as long as we Victory Riders stick together there will be enough demand for parts.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Specific items disappear and not all get replaced.
Like the fork covers Vic Baggers makes some for I think $400. The kuryakyn discontinued version was $100.
Arlen Ness dropped Victory products so can't get some of the stuff that actually looked good only the stuff no one wants is on clearance.
So not everything will always be available but thankfully these bikes don't NEED much of anything it's mainly cosmetic changes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I could see why these were dropped. They look like a third cylinder growing between the 2. It is overkill with the fins. I I wouldn't give $5 for the pair. I'll stick with the stock ones. jmo

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I find that the fins match well, not only in alignment, but thickness too. Could be they were designed for 2010s exclusively. :)
IMHO the Spark Plug fillers look great on my 2012 CCT. I think I got them on a 50% closeout sale somewhere about a year ago. Sure, it's an extra 30 seconds to remove them with a 4mm Allen wrench when you change the spark plugs. At that same time I also bought the Kuryakyn Spark PLug Fillers I also bought their 'Tuxedo' pieces that go on the right side of the valve cover. I haven't mounted those yet as I like the look of the chrome valve cover.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have something similar - looks good, I think. The first photo is my XR, the second is a couple "motorcycles" I saw in Gdansk. A Harley and a BMW - both "stoned." Amber stones.
Looks nice!
I've been looking for something less shiny, though....
Saw in the forums some folks just plastidipped original covers to black them out. Simple as that, but looked OK to me as well. However, once I saw the Arlen Ness' ones for half of the price, I just couldn't resist...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts