Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hahaha! :grin

No, I didn't post this in the wrong section...

I was at a Victory Demo Day yesterday and saw the TT. There is a little sound, but in a parking lot full of bikes and people talking, you can not hear the slight sound the drive train makes. Same with every other electric vehicle I've ever seen. You just can not hear them coming.

So, has anyone come up with a way to install aftermarket exhaust (noise) to a TT yet? A couple of hidden speakers, an amp, and a way to play the sound bites... It could be a pretty cool mod! Especially if you could have the ability to down load different motor sounds. Maybe different exhaust tones like a V-Twin, sport bike, Top fuel dragster, or even a turbo diesel. :devil

I don't think it would be too difficult to sync it into the drivetrain to fluctuate the RPM's appropriately. I can't believe no one has done this yet!

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
That's been done in the electric car world, for safety purposes. So its certainly feasible for bikes. I like the turbo Diesel suggestion. Mack, Freightliner, Peterbuilt, Volvo, you name it!

·
13,048 Posts
I think the government has mandated something to this

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I think the government has mandated something to this
Needs to mandate against pedestrians and bicycle riders with headphones in too as only the loudest of exhausts will save them.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Clip playing cards to the forks so they rub on the wheel spokes. :)

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
I was joking with one of the guys at the demo ride about doing that yesterday. Hahahaha!
You are not as young as I thought. dance 1dance 1

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
A Rollie Fingers card in the spokes would make a sweet sound.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Volkswagen did this already in one of there cars if I remember correctly, coz the engine bay insulation was so good that the sound was demized...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
There are various cars that have microphones under the hood (bonnet) to pick up engine sounds and play them through the radio system, whether its on or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts