Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You folks with aftermarket handlebars: did you buy a new set of clips -- the ones that hold the bundle of cables going to each grip?

These clips go into a hole drilled in the underside of the handlebars, and it looks to me like the factory clips can't be taken out of those holes and re-used. It also looks to me like they may be important, to keep the cable bundles from rubbing the top of the gas tank, if you have the bars fairly low (as my current OEM bars are). Finally, it's my understanding that most or all aftermarket handlebars don't have those holes in them, so if you do have to buy new clips, then you'll also have to drill the holes.

I'm thinking about getting new bars, and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for this possible winter project. So I'd appreciate any and all comments regarding the clips and anything else you think I should know before tackling this project. (I've already removed the fairing and dash, to add a horn, and that didn't seem like a big deal to me.)

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
You could always use chrome zip ties around the bars and black zip ties around the cables and through the chrome zip ties.

Using those clips and drilling some holes would probably be cleaner though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bill--
The 2" pullback bars from Victory come with new cable ties. If you need more, though, google "push mount cable ties." You can also buy them at any H-D dealer.

·
Registered
690 Posts
IMO.....If you're getting new bars, get a set that is drilled and dimpled for internal wiring. I hate that Victory won't do that anyway.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I'm still thinking about this (and may continue to do so for the next few months).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts