Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any aftermarket support for the V92C's? I am looking at buying a 2002 and adding crash bars and highway lights.

I know that the 02 model moved the oil cooler, thus changing mounting points for the crash bars.

I cannot find anyone that makes a mounting bar for the highway lights though. Are we relegated to searching ebay for used parts at this point?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Unfortunately, finding aftermarket stuff for the V92 bikes is difficult at best; even when they were "current production" status, the relative scarcity of them meant that not much was made.

The 3 avenues available now are:
* buy used (eBay, forum classifieds, Craigslist, etc.)
* adapt items intended for other bikes or generic use
* make your own

I've done all three; I've seen mention that some Cobra backrests / sissy bars made for a particular Honda bike family will bolt up to the Vic mounts. I don't have any information beyond that, however; it'd be a case of taking down measurements & physically looking over & measuring the prospective part to see if it'll fit.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have been able to buy several items from online oem dealers.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Is there any aftermarket support for the V92C's? I am looking at buying a 2002 and adding crash bars and highway lights.

I know that the 02 model moved the oil cooler, thus changing mounting points for the crash bars.

I cannot find anyone that makes a mounting bar for the highway lights though. Are we relegated to searching ebay for used parts at this point?
Don't let the parts availability keep you off the bike... I have followed ALOT of Vic ebay items up for auction/sale and you shouldnt have a problem. It may take a little time researching but the fourms are good, your going to come out cheaper in the long run building your bike the way you want. There are 2-3 big bike part vendors on ebay that seem to have a metric ton of stuff. Once you get the bike and ride it you will be glad you didnt shy away...

Good luck, keep us posted and safe ridin!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I am still trying to sell my old Shadow before the wife even considers letting me buy a new one. I've got my eye on a couple 2002 and 2003 V92's that are in great shape. I just need a sissy bar for the wife, highway lights and a crash bar so I can stretch my legs (6-04 with 34" inseam).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts