Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found any aftermarket trunks for the Cross Country? I've seen people modify HD trunks to fit the XC, but I don't like the look. The victory trunks look great but at $2300 CDN, it's too much I think.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The corbins is kinda small. Just looking to see it there see other designs out there. Couldn't really find any

·
Registered
234 Posts
I researched for 6 months and was going to do an aftermarket trunk on my CC. First, just the mounting hardware, quick disconnect setup, will run you $300- or so from the dealer ( i just sold a complete setup for $200- brand new ). You will have to fabricate a new mounting bracket if you go this way. Unless you buy a " king tour pack" it wont have the same storage capacity as the stock vic one does.

Here's what i was looking at...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CVO-09-up-King-Tour-Pak-fit-Harley-Davidson-Touring-w-Premium-Latches-Hinges-/251894484622?fits=Make:Harley-Davidson&hash=item3aa614ce8e&vxp=mtr

This has the upgraded hinges which is what i would recommend. By the time you add up the mounting hardware, the tour pack and a new mounting plate you are still near $1000-. I personally would keep looking for a used one it would be cheaper. Maybe Vic will do the coupons again just like last winter which is when i purchased my Vic tour pack.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
On most any motorcycle I think the "Givi" trunks look good. "Reasonable" ? price, decent capacity,....just a thought.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ok guys I am looking to sell my removable trunk from my 2011 Vic XC

It is black with factory speakers and luggage rack on top. It also comes with a storage rack that can be put on your garage wall that will hold the trunk when it is not on your bike. It is in great shape. I have already bought a sissy bar and do not need both.

Looking to get $1500 or best offer plus shipping from Phoenix Az 85007
OK guys I am looking at an annoyance on every thread about a trunk!

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
Another possibility would be the Ginz detachable sissy bar mounts. Some modification would be needed but they would be detachable and less expensive than a full rack. He or someone local should be able to weld a basic square rack for the trunk to bolt to and to slide into these mounts. If you bought one of his sissy bars you could switch back and forth as desired.

https://ginzchoppers.com/products/detachable-mount-kit-for-victory-baggers

I have a set of these on my XC with one of his sissy bars. His stuff ain't cheap but it's high quality just like Will's.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If I needed/ wanted a trunk I would be on Co-part buying a salvaged motorcycle. There are a ton of Vics on there right now with water damage from Houston.

https://www.copart.com/

Pro-tip: In Texas you do not need a dealers license to purchase salvage vehicles at auction. If you are out of state you can bid online.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Getting a aftermarket trunk is no problem. They are several companies that make good trunks at reasonable prices. What we need is some one to make a good mount at a reasonable price. Then you have n numerous choice of a trunk.
I would like a trunk, but I want it light with reasonable storage space. The Victory trunk is heavy and makes the scooter top heavy.

Reactions: id-man and BBob

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
I like that Copart site. Very interesting!

I agree NAB; if someone built a plain rack that could bolted on to the X-bike it would open a lot of doors for trunks. The OEM is heavy and sits fairly far back causing it be top heavy and out of balance in my opinion too which is why I'm thinking about selling mine but I'm not there yet.

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
What we need is someone to make a good mount at a reasonable price
Agreed...and since it will mostly be hidden by the trunk it doesn't need to be fancy, just durable, with the easy-latch system for quick removal. Those parts can't be hard to waterjet or plasma-cut but now that there's ZERO downline market we'll never see such a thing mass produced. That Ginz Choppers guy has the basics down - but I bet even that would need to be reshaped before we could weld a plate between that would allow us to bolt on anybody's trunk...if we welded.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would like to put a trunk on my 14 xc. Can someone give some names of after market trunks a guy could use on his 14 xc. Appreciate the help. Ride Safe All.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts