Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The east coast of Australia just copped a very destructive cyclone with widespread damage and extreme flooding.
The flood level in nearby Murwillumbah was higher than the last recorded flood in 1954, my mates house in the first pic taken today after the water level subsided some.
Him and his family ended up on the roof!
The scene today was one of devastation and heartbreak, huge piles of furniture and belongings piled high outside each house, most people lost everything.
My mate got his bikes as high as he could but the water kept rising and rising, over his 4WD Navara totally, over his BMW and Moto Guzzi motorcycles, engulfing the upstairs of his house and forcing him and his family to spend the night on the roof as well as the rest of the people in the street.

Cyclone is Southern Hemisphere version of your Typhoon or Hurricane....Devastation.
Here the damage was mainly from flooding from the massive amount of rain in a short period of time, combined with high tides.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
That is terrible...

What is " Victory Ford "

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is terrible...

What is " Victory Ford "

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
It's the name of the local Ford dealership in Murwillumbah.
Been meaning to take a pic of that sign on a structure at the local showground for a while.
Today was the day, there's not normally any water there.
See the debris in the fence and on the roof of the structure, water was over the top of it.
This is on the opposite side of town to my mates place.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sorry for your mate and all the people effected....There's nothing that can stand when mother nature unleashes.
Keep putting one foot in front of the other and push on...The family made it though, they can recover.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last pic is my car facing the road home on Friday afternoon, we had driven 50miles south to attend a friends funeral in Lismore, the roads were said to be impassable on the way down but I knew some backroads and managed to detour around the flooded sections.
But it got me on the return, 15 mins from home this is the road, we waited 5 hours for the tide to drop but the water level didn't.
My partner had her boy home alone so I drove south to Grafton then West to Glen Innes and up the mountain range to Ipswich then across and down, a detour of around 400 miles, drove all night with an hours roadside nap, then slept all the next day while the rains came down more and more.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hope things are better.

Sorry to hear about the flooding. Never easy to deal with. Hope no lives were lost. Material things can be rebuilt and replaced. Hang in there, good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least there's no snakes in AU flood water.
No snakes!!!???
You must be confusing us with New Zealand.
We have plenty snakes,
Here's one that couldn't swim....

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts