Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guyz...

Brand new member here. The reason for my recent registration is that within a year I plan on buying my first Victory motorcycle. Been riding since I was a kid..starting with dirt bikes and and on/off bikes. To date I have owned 3 street bikes, mostly Hondas, with my current bike being a 2003 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100.

I love my bike now as it's beautiful, good handling, and decently fast..and of course utterly reliable. However since 99' I have been a fan of Victory as I feel they really have captured old school motorcycling but with a modern approach. I am also ready to get a larger bike with more power and style. I just LOVE that new Freedom motor.

When Victory first came out their pricing seemed to want a compete with HD so I didn't really give them much thought. But recently I have seen that they are getting more aggressive in trying to capture market share..and as such, I have taken serious notice.

Right now I am trying to decide on either a new Gunner, 13' Judge, or Vegas 8ball. I love all of them but only can afford one. I also on occasion carry a passenger.(my girlfriend)so the first add on would be a different seat with back rest (suggestion would be great!)

Can you guyz please provide me with some insight,and how reliable these bikes are. I have always owned Hondas, and they have always been near perfect. I do most of my own servicing and am insane about maintenance...I polish my bike almost every time I ride it!

Thanks for taking the time to read this (I apologize for it's length):crzy:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome! I have a v92c which is pretty comfortable 2 up, but I can't speak for the 3 bikes you listed. Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, we can't be friends. I have never been accused of wiping on a bike too much. :ltr:

Kidding aside, I can say the honeymoon on mine was a b%#@h.
After the initial electrical motherfunctions though, it has tried very hard to make nice. 2 1/2 half years and it has been flawless after the repairs.

I came off 3 Yamaha's and a Goldwing. In the 500K + miles I rode them combined only one was in the shop for an overheating hiccup, after that only maintenance type visits. I have high expectaions as well. Nice rides, easy to juice if you want. As for your choices, I ride a XCT so no help I'm afraid. Ride everything you can get a leg over, interested or not, and decide.

Welcome to the mayhem. cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts