Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a decent air cleaner option for the chief platform besides the Indian filter?
I have seen the venom plenum, s&s, Lloydz and he oem. Struggling to find a decent option.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
With stock displacement and cams I would be surprised if you would gain anything by adding an air filter to a Polaris product. Judging by the victory X bikes the filters are plenty large for the engine. These aren't HD's.

I'd want to have someone show some legitimate dyno numbers before I spent the money. I do know that you don't want to blow money on a Polaris high performance filter. The ones they made for in the Victory X bikes are junk and do more damage than good.

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
Hasnt someone here already got a K&N on a Scout..... That'd be my logical choice for Scout and Octane.
Anyone seen an Octane with its tank off?
Surely the intakes are similar.

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
Ooops.... Says Chief not Scout

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
With stock displacement and cams I would be surprised if you would gain anything by adding an air filter to a Polaris product. Judging by the victory X bikes the filters are plenty large for the engine. These aren't HD's.
I had to read this a few times to make sure I was reading right....Not to knock your typical technical knowledge Joe....but this time you're wrong. A hi-performance air filter in a stock X bike substantially increases available air and increases power. I'm sure the same is true for the Indians.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts