Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been doing some reading on the forum about air filters and I'm not sure I want to install the Victory Performance filter that came with the Tri-Ovals. "From what I have READ they aren't very reliable" .. "Meaning".. they wear out sooner and fall apart...Maybe I need to get a K&N or a Loydz. BUT I can't find a K&N so I guess I may get a Loydz. Man they are high price. Also does anyone have experience with any "Air Dams". Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Been doing some reading on the forum about air filters and I'm not sure I want to install the Victory Performance filter that came with the Tri-Ovals. From what I have read they aren't very reliable ..Maybe I need to get a K&N or a Loyd's. BUT I can't find a K&N so I guess it's a Loyd's. Man they are high price. Also does anyone have experience with any "Air Dams". Thanks in advance for the info.
dunno what the air dam yr talking about it...but the Lloydz and KN are reusable and looked after properly will last the life of the bike and more.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have K&N filters in all my vehicles so I know how good they are. Just can't find the number of the one that fits a 14 CCT
The Loydz is really HIGH price. "Some say".. the one that comes with the Stage one kit from Polaris isn't all that good. Just trying to get some feed back from others on their experience with Polaris High Performance filters compared to the Loyd's filter.

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
K&N doesn't make a filter for the X-bikes. Not sure why. Maybe they make the Victory performance filter so maybe they made a deal with Polaris to not make one to compete with Victory.

Hard to say why for sure. What makes you think the washable filters that come with stage one mufflers like the Tri-Ovals aren't any good? I doubt they breathe as well as the Lloydz filter but they charge up to $50 for them separately. Not sure that means a lot with the up-pricing we've seen. The recent sale of the Tri-Ovals was enough to teach us that.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I have K&N filters in all my vehicles so I know how good they are. Just can't find the number of the one that fits a 14 CCT
The Loydz is really HIGH price. "Some say".. the one that comes with the Stage one kit from Polaris isn't all that good. Just trying to get some feed back from others on their experience with Polaris High Performance filters compared to the Loyd's filter.
The one that comes with the stage one kit is a cleanable (you can re-use it) replacement filter, the Lloydz actually gives you a performance gain.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a real close look at the so called "Performance Filter" that comes with the stage one exhaust kit and it's made in Vietnam and not a quality filter. I could see small holes through it. Some 1/16 to 3/32 size holes.....You can't do that with a K&N. They are quality made. Needless to say I'm not using it. It's for sale to anyone who thinks they are ok and want to use it but not me.

·
13,002 Posts
Where do you think K&N is made. The phone k&n and vic's performance air filters come from the same place

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Sell the Victory performance air filter and install the Lloyds air filter. The 'air dam' came with the Victory/S&S Stage 2 cams kit. IMHO, again, forget the S&S cams and go straight for the Lloyds cams. Yes, S&S makes the Lloyds cams. To Lloyds specifications, not the EPA/Victory/Corporate lawyer variety cam profile.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Or just put in the stock filter and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Or just put in the stock filter and call it a day.

"That's funny right there, I care care who you are, that's funny. If you don't think that's funny, just get on outta here."

Larry The Cable Guy

:)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ordered the Loydz Filter

Bit the bullet and ordered the Lloydz today and it should be here First of the week. Guess I can figure out how to install it ok..
Thanks for all the reply's guys.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Bit the bullet and ordered the Loydz today and it should be here First of the week. Guess I can figure out how to install it ok..
Thanks for all the reply's guys.
Watch the Witchdoctor's video on removing the tank. It's a lot easier than it seems if you haven't removed the tank before. The actual installation of the Lloyds air filter is a 60 second affair, including removing the oem air filter.

Here's a link to the Witchdoctor's video: Air Filter Cross Bikes Lloyds in Fuel & Air - Victory Cross Country High Performance - Victory Cross Country - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

You'll very likely enjoy hearing your engine take a breath on your first ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts