Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross Country with the Vic Stage 1, and have about 11,600 miles on the bike.

Replaced the Air filter and plugs yesterday.

Book calls for an air filter at 10,000 miles, so I was a little over. It looked like it had 50,000 miles on it!!! It had bugs and bits of all kinds of stuff stuck in it and was so black that I wasn’t sure it was a cloth filter (versus paper) until it was clean. Is this normal? Is there a different clean interval (versus change) for the Stage 1 filter that no one told me about?

I used some Dawn and hot water in a pan to clean the filter, and after a few cycles of that it came good and clean. I put it in front of a box fan to dry. Once clean and dry I could see the green of the grass through it. The holes in the filter media look pretty big, and in several places the holes are as big as the diameter of a standard sewing needle. Is this normal? Doesn’t seem right to me. I think I’m going to get the Loydz filter when available anyway. The holes on the OEM one are just too big for the engineer in me.

I used standard K&N oil on the filter… is this OK?

Book calls for 30,000 miles before the first plug change. They looked pretty black for 11,600’. There was no way I was sticking those things back in. $10.70 and now there is fresh electrodes in there. Again, is this normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I cleaned my Vic Performance air filter for the fourth time two weeks ago at 10,300 miles. Been cleaning it about every 3k, but did it a couple times between 500 and 1500 miles. That sucker gets dirty, no way I can leave it in for more than 5,000 miles and my gut says 3,000.

I've been using the standard K&N charge kit from AutoZone, comes with spray cleaner and oil.

I too plan on moving to Lloydz filter once it becomes available.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts