Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but found nothing on whether or not you can just loosen the tank bolts and raise the back end up high enough to get to the air filter. Little lazy. Rather ride.Thanks.

maurice

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Maybe, but it could be awkward. I have never remove the whole tank on my CR. I just remove the seat, remove the tank bolts, then slide back the tank. I have never had an issue withe the hoses or bits and pieces under the tank breaking or being damaged. I just never feel like completely removing it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Remove the seat, remove the two tank bolts,(be careful to not drop the rubber bushings in to the frame. Don't ask.) and ground wire if you have to. Pull the tank back about half way then you can remove the two screws that hold the filter in. Be careful when putting the tank back in place. Do not force it down at all to line up the bolts. It cost me a $300+ fuel pump and fuel line. It should drop back down in place. If it does not, lift it back up and check the fuel line to see if it is recessed into the frame. If not turn it so it points directly to the rear of the tank.
Take your time and don't force anything and you will be fine.cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
Also make sure your tank is secure somehow when you have it un-bolted and moved back so it doesn't tip off the bike while you're working on it (don't ask me how I know). You might want to have a second person around to help you with that.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I removed mine by disconnecting the vents, then lift it enough to gaet my right arm under it and release the fuel line. It will begin dumping fuel so have a plan to plug it.
When you reassemble it be very careful to make sure the fuel line is properly connected. Mine stayed on for a day then popped off whilr I was riding. I set a record for getting the seat off and reconnecting the fuel line. Keep your tools handy after you do it for a few days just in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts