Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
lloydz does, its the only filter worth buying for it, but if you have other things done it may throw you into needing a tuner.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
what did you do? slipons?

·
Registered
131 Posts
A much cheaper alternative to the Lloyds filter is the Vic high flow and remove the rubber strip on the filter box. Note that if you opt for the Tri Ovals, it comes with the filter and map.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yes but like i said, lloydz is the only filter worth buying

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
gotcha, should be ok

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
unplug the O2 sensors also

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
so if the only mod you have is uplugged O2s and 4 degrees on
your timing wheel it should be to lean? anyone set up like
me and tried it. how noisy is it. you have to remove the
strip too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Gonna pile on to the OC's thread here (and irv's comment).

Like irv, I'm set up with still stock pipes, ATS Gear +4, and considering an improved air flow. I've also already disconnected the O2 sensors. Maybe it's a "little" cooler now, and I do have Goody's lowers.

I'll go with Drew's wisdom and opt for the Lloydz filter. Will the benefit my setup?

I know when you increase the airflow you need to add a PCV (or other controller). So is that the only improvement I'll see if from the controller, or will the filter benefit my bike in some way I am not aware of?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to disagree guys, but $135 plus shipping for just an air filter is not worth the price. If K+N gets into the game that same filter would be half the price.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
considering that the stage ones generally rust before you can clean them, and dont seem to last as long, or flow as much, it is worth it, could it be cheaper, absolutely, but its still a better deal then the POS $60 stage one filter

·
Registered
761 Posts
That's not my experience with the stage one filter. I've cleaned it twice and it came out fine. Looks new. Sure beats getting a $45 stock paper filter. cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
considering that the stage ones generally rust before you can clean them, and dont seem to last as long, or flow as much, it is worth it, could it be cheaper, absolutely, but its still a better deal then the POS $60 stage one filter
Did you oil the filter? I use a K+N recharge kit on mine (cleaner and oil)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Did you oil the filter? I use a K+N recharge kit on mine (cleaner and oil)

i went straight to the lloydz, i also cut the horseshoe iff of the top of the frame, its about another 3/4" of free air

·
13,262 Posts
stock air filter keeps out more dirt than k&n

1 - 18 of 18 Posts