Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well Ive been debating on what to do with my seat situation...I have a tan corbn solo and love the look. BUT its as hard as the dame floor. after 75-100 miles your ass is crawlin...aint no getting use to it dont care what i try to make my self believe. I wanted a mustang but to big and bulky for the look i want to keep with. Ultimate doesnt make one for the KP yet..hum so what to do ..I read alot on various forums about the airhawk air ride seat and so I went ahead and popped $80 for one.you open the valve blow it up by mouth close valve..sit on seat and open valve when your ass just about hits the seat you close valve..It took me a few adjustments to get it right..Its really comfortable..and it breathes well...I like the idea of keeping my corbin low look but yet being able to use the air cushion when I ride and the taking it off and putting it in saddle bag when i get off..I like it its very easy to adjust it stays in place and it also keeps heat from rising up thru the seat and warmin my ass..its very comfortable and now when i hit bumps it even smoother and doesnt jar my back like it did before.. So I think i found my answer. I thought I would give a report for those who may have some of the same issues and are looking for a solution..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you air it down to just when you ass hits or touches seat its very stable..It has a like non skid surface on the seat side that when its sat on it wont move at all..as to to attachment if you look at the corners you can see tabs sticking out that is for straps that they supply to hook into and go under the seat to attach..I dont use them when i get off i put it in my saddlebags.when im ready to go i get it out sit on it and away i go..since its air filled with many chambers when you sit on it the air seat conforms to your butt. It was actually more satisfying than i thought it would be..they send straps and patches if needed..

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Thanks for the review Okie! I had been looking at getting the Airhawk Type R which is the same concept but has a cutout in the back. The idea behind the Type R is that the lack of material under your tailbone is supposed to relieve pressure for those that get sore butt in the tailbone area. I really didn't want to blow the money on something that doesn't work but your post is changing my mind!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Thanks for the review Okie! I had been looking at getting the Airhawk Type R which is the same concept but has a cutout in the back. The idea behind the Type R is that the lack of material under your tailbone is supposed to relieve pressure for those that get sore butt in the tailbone area. I really didn't want to blow the money on something that doesn't work but your post is changing my mind!
I have the Type R. Its fits the stock seat perfectly. Almost like it was made for it. Ill get a pic when I get home. Going on a 10 hr ride next week. Ill let you know what I think if it. Last summer I rode from Nashville to Toledo in 100° heat. Wouldve been nice to have it then. With the cutouts maybe my uh...er...um...lets just say "boys"....mighta been able to breath a little...if you know what I mean. As it was when we stopped for gas my jeans were soaked in the most embarrassing of places!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a leather shop near me that is gonna pull the cover, carve out the foam, put in a gel insert, and re tuck the leather. Should cost about 120 all in. I was looking at the air seat covers, but for a couple bucks more I can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a leather shop near me that is gonna pull the cover, carve out the foam, put in a gel insert, and re tuck the leather. Should cost about 120 all in. I was looking at the air seat covers, but for a couple bucks more I can't go wrong.
let us know how that works for you CF..

Your welcome AMMO......I rode to town to get a part for the wifes dryer and got to play with it again..since i didnt strap mine down i can move mine around. Im trying to find where i like it the most, more forward or back, but let me tell you its like a cloud compared to the corbin rock..thumb up

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I have the Type R. Its fits the stock seat perfectly. Almost like it was made for it. Ill get a pic when I get home.
I'll save you the trouble.

IMG_0819.jpg

I like that "it lifts me up" (so I can stand on mountains). I think the stock seat is just as comfortable, but I haven't ridden far with the Hawk. I can ride the stock seat all day with no issues.

The straps are elastic and the front one let go and flew into bumphuk. I replaced it with the black shoe sting you see in the pic.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I got back from my 1200 mile round trip from Toledo to New Jersey and back on July, 3. Most of my ride was in 90+ temps and about 40 miles of it was in a thunderstorm outside of Cleveland. I used the Airhawk R the whole way and I was pretty satisfied with how it worked. First off I didn't sweat through my jeans like I did on my Nashville trip last year without the Airhawk so I was pretty happy with that! (It really is the small things in life) It is pretty comfortable. I certainly recommend it for riding in hot weather. My back didn't hurt so much either but I recently installed a Utopia backrest so I don't know which item to credit for that. I'm glad I bought it overall.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
I would re-think that. I did the same thing and found it held the heat from my body in to the point of being uncomfortable. I didn't find the gel to be any more comfortable than the stock foam either. Your experience may be different though. If you do this; I hope it works better for you than it did for me...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I would re-think that. I did the same thing and found it held the heat from my body in to the point of being uncomfortable. I didn't find the gel to be any more comfortable than the stock foam either. Your experience may be different though. If you do this; I hope it works better for you than it did for me...
I actually shoved a couple of Walmart gel bicycle seats under my Warrior seat. Combined with cutting off some foam in the back, the seat was far more comfortable. It did retain a ton of heat though. It was a good thing I had put floorboards on it that allowed me to lift my ass and get some air. If I hadn't I could have sold Planters two roasted nuts.

Speaking of scrotum discomfort, did anyone read this? WTF!!!

http://gizmodo.com/5872809/this-fish-has-teeth-so-big-it-bites-peoples-balls-off

·
Registered
352 Posts

Just a follow up, dropped the seat off last Monday, got it back Tuesday. Felt great right away. The sharp curve is minimized now so my tail bone isn't curved under so bad, and I'm sitting just a touch higher which I like. Went on the King run on yesterday and put on about 200 miles and I absolutely love it. It's perfect, and it stayed very cool. The shop said they wrap it in cotton to help with that. The name brand is pro pad I think. Way better then springing for a new seat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts