Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question I know. However, I will be installing a Wolo bad boy air horn as soon as it stops raining here in RI (going on week #2 of that). Anyways, I pretty sure that block-ish looking air horn will look like total crap in the stock horn location on my Jackpot. Can anyone that has this on their bike (regarless of the model) post some pics so I can get an idea where I may want to mount it? Thanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Might want to try the jackpot specific section. I'm not overly familiar with it, but I've done three total (all Stebel). My XR has it between the subframe and rear fender which definitely won't work for you I'm sure. My wife's 900 has it in a small cavity to the front of the rear wheel. There might be something of this nature on your bike, but you'll have to look. I did a very minor fab to get it to work, using a steel angle, some rubber hoseing and clamps (the hosing was to help secure it). If that doesn't work, look if there's any room under the tank. It was a VERY tight fit, but I was able to put it there on my Mean Streak which is similar to the JP in proportions at least. Best of luck!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I under stand the Stebel and the Wolo are essentially the same horn and the same dimensions. I'm pretty sure I saw it mentioned somewhere online that you can easily separate the stebel/wolo air horn into two parts (compressor and horn) so as to make mounting on the bike somewhat easier. Can anyone confirm that also?

·
Registered
185 Posts
i am overseas at the moment and cant post photos, but i fitted a Screaming banshee horn to my bike, same as stebel i believe.
placed it on left hand side of bike near rear swingarm frame mount.

used heavy duty cable ties to install and looks neat.

check out screaming banshee website as i believe they are bring out a kit with horn/compressor seperated.

regards,

Derek cheerscheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
glad i could help.please note the banshee system works in conjuction with the stock horn.
i had trouble initally getting to work and posted under i believe the Hammer section...re electrical schematic..

in short i fitted a relay in parallel with the stock horn...to drive the banshee horn, all now good...

if you order mention that you are ordering for a vivtoty, and need additional relay and wiring schematic..

electrical install easy...

regards,

derek cheerscheers

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I haven't heard of the Screaming Banshee either so went and looked at it. It is stamped WOLO, same company that makes the bad boy. It looks to be priced about 3x the cost of the regular WOLO bad boy and 2x the price of the Stebel nautilus or bad boy in chrome. I've had a bad boy before and only got about a season out of it:mad:.

The WOLO seems to be vulnerable to water damage and subsequently quits working. This is what got my last one. Use caution where you decide to mount it and what direction the horn openings are facing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts