Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Simple installation

I am sure that this install could be done in about 30 minutes or so. It took me about an hour, but that's because I made sure that the installation looked professional. The hardest part was removing the stock horn off and running the wires under the tank. Regardless of all that, it was a simple installation. Make sure to disconnect the battery, follow the instructions and double check everything before re-connecting the battery. The ACM (Auto Cancelling Module) on the victories is very sensitive to shorts.... That's a 300 dollar repair and that's just for the ACM...

Below is a link to twistedthrottle.com. This is the installation that I did on my bike. They were nice enough to post it....

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/article/view/362

·
Registered
16 Posts
Installed the horn over the weekend. What a difference. Install wasn't too bad actually. You can't get the seat all the way off without removing the gas line and I was not doing that so fishing the OEM horn wire all the way through to the seat is impossible. So like the pictures showed I just extended the existing horn connection and ran a couple of wires to the new horn location. Was able to bend a bracket to the contour of the motor for attaching the horn and it looks great! Highly recommend this mod.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got any pics?
I'm interested in adding this to mine, but am not sure where/how to mount it, and haven't seen a wiring diagram.
Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not right now but I can take some. I mounted it from the exhaust bolt. I used a straight piece of metal that I formed to the shape of the motor both for asthetics and so that the horn would fit. It's located just above the starter. I couldn't get the tank off so I pulled the wires back as far as they would go and extended the OEM horn wires. Then I ran two new wires from the battery under the tank and to the horn location. I put the new 20 amp fuse and relay switch under the seat. The directions here helped alot. Follow this link for installation instructions. I didn't follow this letter for letter but it was a good guide.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/article/view/362

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks Joe
That's a great link!
Looks pretty straightforward.
I may have to make my own bracket.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I got a straight bracket from Ace Hardware. Was 6" long, cut it to 4". And had to drill the holes larger. I used the Exhaust bolt. The plug and play harness worked great, except that I did have to make the harness longer. Sounds great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Glen
Have you got a pic of your install?

I would like to make my own bracket that attaches at the location of the original horn, but the Stebel horn is pretty big.

I don't think I have the same mounting location available that Diamond has. If I do, I'm not sure where that is. Mine is not a california emissions bike.

Anyone else with pics of their mount to share?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I will get a pic and post it. The Stebel will not fit anywhere near the original spot, I tried. Mine is mounted between the Oil cooler and Starter. I got the black one and it blends in quite well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.