Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need your advise. When I purchased my bike I had it upgraded to stage 1. Now I am changing my exhaust to the Hacker Rippers and want to know if I need to upgrade the air intake or is the stage one intake upgrade sufficient? I will also be adding the AMS Fuel Management System with the Exhaust. Any help is helpful.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where are all the knowledgeable Victory riders that used to be on this forum? I can't believe no one can answer this question. I guess this forum is getting stale. Maybe its time to find another forum that can provide assistance.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What a positive attitude!

You don't "need" to add more air than the stage 1 filter provides, but you can if you want to. If you do, you will get to milk a little more horsepower out of your setup. You can add that at a later time, when and if you decide you want to spend a little more to get a little more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response CrossRoads. I appreciate the feedback. Glad to see that you are still willing to assist.

Do you know if the paper air filter was suppose to be replaced during the Stage 1 upgrade?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks for the quick response CrossRoads. I appreciate the feedback. Glad to see that you are still willing to assist.

Do you know if the paper air filter was suppose to be replaced during the Stage 1 upgrade?
A full stage 1 upgrade should include the Stage 1 air filter, Stage 1 download and Stage 1 pipes. The Stage 1 air filter is not paper, but it's the "clean and oil" type (metal mesh). If you see a paper filter on yours, then it was not upgraded to Stage 1 (or at least the air filter wasn't). If it wasn't, K&N's a good $50ish alternative (http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=PL-1608) or if you want to go a step above that, at $300ish you have Lloyd'z Airbox (http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000006) or at $280ish the S&S Performance Airbox (http://www.sscycle.com/product/Victory-and-Metric/Victory-c57/). Then, if you want to go all out, at $500ish there are Lloyd'z Torque Tubes (http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000085).

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
As CR mentioned....the stage one comes with the above. If yours did not...then all you probably got was the exhaust. I have the K&N filter for your current setup on ebay I believe for arounf $40 or so.
Try stepping up to the RPW or Freedom exhaust with the S&S or Lloydz intake. Remember on you JP....yopu will need to cut out all that plastic air box if upgrading to the S&S or Lloydz.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
As for tuners....we have been using PCV or Lloydz VF3

·
Registered
146 Posts
The search function on this site works well. I personally don't ask questions without giving it a try first. In this case you would have found plenty of information from people who have done similar mods to yours. The topic of exhaust+air intake+fuel controller has been addressed many times already.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The search function on this site works well. I personally don't ask questions without giving it a try first. In this case you would have found plenty of information from people who have done similar mods to yours. The topic of exhaust+air intake+fuel controller has been addressed many times already.
Thank you for that keen insight. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I am so glad you are on this forum so you can help us poor people who don't have your intellect. Now that you have enlightened me I will remember that this forum is now for people to just toot their own horn instead of assisting others.

Got it now. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
You're sarcastically accusing me of not assisting others when right there in my signature is a link where I have documented and photographed all of my motorcycle related purchases, mods and installations for all to see and learn from? Good one.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
It's all good .... sometimes we get a little busy and do not have time to spend on the keyboard. Hopefully your question was answered.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's all good .... sometimes we get a little busy and do not have time to spend on the keyboard. Hopefully your question was answered.
Noe, you and Crossroads answered my question and I appreciate it. Its just that whatcaneyedo replied with the usual smart remark after the question had been answered. If people aren't going to answer the questions, they need to keep their smart search to themselves. They have a choice to answer or not answer, no smart search remarks were needed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're sarcastically accusing me of not assisting others when right there in my signature is a link where I have documented and photographed all of my motorcycle related purchases, mods and installations for all to see and learn from? Good one.
My question was do I need to upgrade the exhaust system from stage one when I change out the exhaust. I didn't ask for instructions on how to perform the task or what type of air intake or fuel commander or exhaust to use. Your documents would be handy if wanted to know how to perform the task. Understand the difference between the questions now?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
My question was do I need to upgrade the exhaust system from stage one when I change out the exhaust....
Huh? :confused: Do I need to replace my tire when I change my tires?

As a side note: Hacker used to have a horrid reputation for quality and performance.... at least as noted by many Victory riders in the past.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts