Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found that the previous owner of my '07 glued the airbox back together before selling the cycle to me. After finding this and being pretty frustrated with the rigging he had done, I decided to replace it with an S&S custom intake. My question is if I need to add additional exhaust, via custom pipes or a stage exhaust, to accomodate the extra air or if I can keep the stock exhaust, install a power commander, and have it dyno'd. At this point I am only interested in having it run to ride while there is some decent weather left in PA.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If anything change out the baffles at least. You're not gonna get much outta the intake if it can't breathe out. By the way what bike do you have? Pretty sure they didn't make a hi-ball in 07.

·
Registered
889 Posts
To support the answer to the OP's questions, has anyone come up with any quantitative test results to share that show a major improvement by changing out the exhaust on a bike that hasn't had the cams upgraded? The stock breather is restrictive but can't the stock pipes already handle the additional air provided by an aftermarket intake? Also the next step by including a fuel controller. At what stage of the process does the stock exhaust become a negative effect on performance and to what degree?

·
Registered
7 Posts
pipes

I looked into changing then baffles on then stock pipes and didn't find a good solution. Too big for TM unless I used. their headpipe baffle. Then there was a cat cone in the way.
I don't know how much more air I'm getting thru but I installed the RPW slip one and they sound great. With no shield, the stock pipes were just too quiet.
RPW slip one were the cheapest alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts