Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to my 2005 victory 92 tc, it has been sitting for 2 years and i bought it on a going out of marrage sale. Im trying to clean it up because my gas milage is 25mpg blah! Im cleaning the KN air intake but i was wondering what eles i can try. I also have new blacked out exast from victoryonly.com otw. Im sure that may not hrlp the gas milage

·
13,177 Posts
clean throttle body new spark plugs check air in tires

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts

·
13,177 Posts
Will the seafoam Deepcreep throttle body work as a cleaner?
NO see all that black stuff in the vedoe that has to be cleaned up and seafoam is only good on the inside. Will not clean the butterfly's and souroding areas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO see all that black stuff in the vedoe that has to be cleaned up and seafoam is only good on the inside. Will not clean the butterfly's and souroding areas
where can i buy some cleaner that is aproprate? Just got the bike back together though it seems to idle better just from the air intake cleaning and oiling

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Look on the right side of the Throttle Bodies and you should see a vacuum cap on each one. You need a flash light and look toward the top of it. Very well could be rotted. What is your idle? 950 is the target. You can dump some seafoam in the tank for the injection side but that doesn't do the tbodies. Follow the video on cleaning them, it's a must do, then I do mine around 7500 depending on how I ride. Seafoam also makes a TB cleaner foam. Used it, works great. Old tooth brush and a rag. 2hrs later, you will wonder how it makes such an improvement. Do it now! Lol

You may have a stage 1 exhaust and flash as it came with a K&N filter and was an add on that was popular. Dealer hooking up to the computer will tell or if you measure the exhaust tip that could tell you too. Btw, if they are, they are are not something to toss. A lot of TCs out there with the stuffy stocks on. If you really want to get jiggly, rip that screen out of the left side of the air box. You will be shocked at what that lil bit more air will do.

Mpg, you should see low to mid 30s and closer to low 40 over the road on a run. Don't lug it and keep that happy cruise point at 2800-3000.

Looking forward to seeing those pipes on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look on the right side of the Throttle Bodies and you should see a vacuum cap on each one. You need a flash light and look toward the top of it. Very well could be rotted. What is your idle? 950 is the target. You can dump some seafoam in the tank for the injection side but that doesn't do the tbodies. Follow the video on cleaning them, it's a must do, then I do mine around 7500 depending on how I ride. Seafoam also makes a TB cleaner foam. Used it, works great. Old tooth brush and a rag. 2hrs later, you will wonder how it makes such an improvement. Do it now! Lol

You may have a stage 1 exhaust and flash as it came with a K&N filter and was an add on that was popular. Dealer hooking up to the computer will tell or if you measure the exhaust tip that could tell you too. Btw, if they are, they are are not something to toss. A lot of TCs out there with the stuffy stocks on. If you really want to get jiggly, rip that screen out of the left side of the air box. You will be shocked at what that lil bit more air will do.

Mpg, you should see low to mid 30s and closer to low 40 over the road on a run. Don't lug it and keep that happy cruise point at 2800-3000.

Looking forward to seeing those pipes on it.

have it all back together now and allready seems to be idling a bit happier it was choking at 600 to 700 now its idling around 1000. maybe its in my head but it seems to accelerate a bit smoother as well. Im having a hard time finding the seafoam throttle cleaner i may have to order it . Ill run it for a bit see how the mpg is with the bit i dif cleaned the Air intake. Im going to take a picture of the intake soon because it seems its a differnt style than ive seen and those numbers come up with nothing on K&ns site. But it does say K&n right on it. I slao didnt have those tubes that sit on the throttle body just 2 holes in the plastic box that the intake filter bolts to.

·
13,177 Posts
go to auto store and get some carb cleaner. Its all you need to clean the throttle body's

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
have it all back together now and allready seems to be idling a bit happier it was choking at 600 to 700 now its idling around 1000. maybe its in my head but it seems to accelerate a bit smoother as well. Im having a hard time finding the seafoam throttle cleaner i may have to order it . Ill run it for a bit see how the mpg is with the bit i dif cleaned the Air intake. Im going to take a picture of the intake soon because it seems its a differnt style than ive seen and those numbers come up with nothing on K&ns site. But it does say K&n right on it. I slao didnt have those tubes that sit on the throttle body just 2 holes in the plastic box that the intake filter bolts to.
Yea pics needed to clarify what you got. Measure and take a pic of your exhaust tips. Should give you a good idea if stage 1 or not. Seafoam TB cleaner is just my preference. Like VJ says, get any cleaner. It's a must do on these year model bikes

Check those vacuum caps.

·
13,177 Posts
you can pull the vacuum caps and get them at auto store or hardware store. Long as your there I would replace them there cheap

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Run gas out

I think ill run it this week since i wont have the time to dig back in. Ill run a tank of gas through it so the tank isnt as heavy haha. Ill have pictures this weekend

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think ill run it this week since i wont have the time to dig back in. Ill run a tank of gas through it so the tank isnt as heavy haha. Ill have pictures this weekend
Lol ya a light tank is much easier. Tooth brush and mechanical fingers are great tools! Looking forward to the update.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
K&n

Lol ya a light tank is much easier. Tooth brush and mechanical fingers are great tools! Looking forward to the update.
Well right i havent been able to ride alot but I do know a significant increase in power. At first i thought it was in my head but as i ran more gas through it it seemed better snd better. This morning when i turned the choke off after starting it seemed it idle at 1500 to 2000 i thought this was high. It surprised me when i took off because ig accelerated alot quicker than im used to. Not sure if the high idle is good or bad, after i was riding it was settle out to around 1200 at stop signs, pictures are comming of the air filter tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That's a fast idle lever, no choke on these. Bars turned left and run it up for about 3-5 minutes before the. Ride. After warmed up, cleaned TBs, and filter you should have around 950 rpm +\-50. I doubt it's in your head. I still get amazed how dirty the TBs get between servicing and how it affects performance so much. Lookin forward to the pics

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stage something??

Well right i havent been able to ride alot but I do know a significant increase in power. At first i thought it was in my head but as i ran more gas through it it seemed better snd better. This morning when i turned the choke off after starting it seemed it idle at 1500 to 2000 i thought this was high. It surprised me when i took off because ig accelerated alot quicker than im used to. Not sure if the high idle is good or bad, after i was riding it was settle out to around 1200 at stop signs, pictures are comming of the air filter tonight
can someone tell me what i have for an air intake kit i cant find it anywhere and the serial numbers dont come up with any results. Its not like any of the other stage 1 kits i found for my bike. Im still learning haha

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
can someone tell me what i have for an air intake kit i cant find it anywhere and the serial numbers dont come up with any results. Its not like any of the other stage 1 kits i found for my bike. Im still learning haha
This is it.

Click.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Only real way to see if you have a stage 1 flash is put it on the computer for my guess 35.00 and will answer that. Post a pic of the exhaust and can give you a guesstimate based on exhaust size. I've got the big sicker on mine, upgraded from a stock box and K&N filter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts